main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
WINNER Fleet Challenge 5-05-08: Cinco de Mayo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canceled user

Subject: WINNER Fleet Challenge 5-05-08: Cinco de Mayo   PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:23 pm Reply with quote

OK, nice work for last week's challenge. It was interesting to see some good uses with Lord Mycron and I like how some of the fleets focused on the Bombardiers. There were 4 fleets made. In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, here's the new challenge:

Cinco de Mayo(80 pt.)

This fleet is made specifically for DEATHMATCH--no treasure running at all! The ships of your fleet must consist of 75% or more 5-masters (cinco). Each ship must have at least one form of equipment and one given type of equipment may be used no more than two times in the fleet. No events. A Limit, Ransom crew is allowed.

When titling this fleet, title it "username's Cinco de Mayo".

Last edited by Canceled user on Mon May 12, 2008 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote

Who won the past challenge?

Thanks, and good work to all!
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote

You all did!!! Just kidding. There was no determined winner.

Actually, this is like a test run, to see how it goes. I think the competition against each other is pretty interesting.

I'll think of a quick "winning" solution (voting will take too long), and then maybe I'll pass the buck for the winner to choose the next challenge. We'll see.

Just keep working on the challenges.

I'm open to suggestions, too.
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:10 pm Reply with quote

I like that the winner gets to create next challenges!

Great work, Herald!

Fede
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quote

Problem is determining who the winner is and how to do it in a timely manner.

I'm tempted to pick it myself, but I could see how some people may be opposed to that.
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote

Nobody wants to challenge my fleet? Surprised
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:44 pm Reply with quote

I'm working on it.

Plus, I found a user here that has offered to be the judge of the best attempt at the Fleet Challenge.
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote

vladsimpaler wrote:
Nobody wants to challenge my fleet? Surprised

I just did Wink with my fleet that cannot lose...this is how you can use WK ruling flaws for the best... Wink

colringbk wrote:

Plus, I found a user here that has offered to be the judge of the best attempt at the Fleet Challenge.

Great!

ciao! Fede
Canceled user

Subject: Re: Fleet Challenge 5-05-08: Cinco de Mayo   PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quote

colringbk wrote:
A Limit, Ransom crew is allowed.

Huh? For a Deathmatch? If you're not using gold to determine victory, then no Ransom crew should be allowed.

Actually, it might help to specifically define the victory conditions. A Deathmatch could mean Last Captain Standing, a "Points Sunk/Masts Eliminated" formula of some sort, sink the Flagship, or some other combination.

A forum poll might be the easiest way to determine the winner (without picking a judge or judges), but participation would probably be low and take longer than a week for a definitive winner.
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, but I wanted fleet builders to get a chance to squeeze in another 5 points. Or a free link/reroll. Or whatever they want to do with them. If they wanted the Limit, Ransom. Its their choice.

Typically, Deathmatch is last Captain with a ship afloat (and with masts).

A judge to pick out the winner is the most efficient. I was reading other forums on other sites that do this too, and their whole poll to vote for others took too long and was disorganized. We'll see how this goes and if it doesn't work out on a weekly basis, it can be changed.

Are you putting in a fleet, darrin?
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quote

colringbk wrote:
Yeah, but I wanted fleet builders to get a chance to squeeze in another 5 points. Or a free link/reroll. Or whatever they want to do with them. If they wanted the Limit, Ransom. Its their choice.

But then there's absolutely no downside to taking a Ransom crew. If that crew gets captured or eliminated, the extra gold is absolutely meaningless. You're essentially saying to all of the participants, "build your fleet 5 points higher at no risk."

colringbk wrote:

Are you putting in a fleet, darrin?

Not sure yet. There are some cheap 5-masted ships now, though... hmm. Flying Dutchman (PR) + Black Swan could be interesting...
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote

USS Atlanta seemed like a good choice too.
captain_arrr

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote

At our venue, we dole out points in multiplayer games for combat. It goes:

1 point for a mast eliminated
2 points for the sink
3 points if you capture a ship and tow it back to your HI.
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quote

captain_arrr wrote:
At our venue, we dole out points in multiplayer games for combat. It goes:

1 point for a mast eliminated
2 points for the sink
3 points if you capture a ship and tow it back to your HI.

Thats what we do to, but then we use those points, along with treasure in a standard game, to build onto our fleets for the next week. It becomes a long-running campaign, but we usually put a build-cap, like the first one to get 100 point fleet built wins the campaign. Then, we start over with a 40 point fleet.
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:32 pm Reply with quote

My fleet is up there, too.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: