main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject: Avatars   PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote

Although some users will be glad to finally be able to use avatars, I liked the clean look of the forums without them.

Is there some way to disable avatars entirely (via the user profile?), without having to register with that external website?
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quote

I am in agreement. It might not be so bad if everyone changed theirs from the weird shapeys that are the default, but I know that won't happen.
lord_denton

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote

I'm cracking up at Woelf's avatar (triangle).

And Holo's (bucktooth):

http://www.miniaturetrading.com/im/forum/viewtopic/t=4067/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0

I don't know what I did to deserve the ticked-off sunglass's dude, though. I'm changing it right now. Wink Seriously, what were they thinking? Laughing

EDIT: Poor algorab, all his contributions to the forum as herald will forever be plagued by the worst avatar I've ever seen (that he can't change):

http://www.miniaturetrading.com/im/forum/viewtopic/t=3200///
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quote

I do not like this little avatar man...... My computer keeps coming up with error when i try to change it on the site... must be my firewall or something Confused I will change it as soon as i can... in the mean time however i am stuck with this depressed little guy
pt
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:13 am Reply with quote

lord_denton wrote:
I'm cracking up at Woelf's avatar (triangle).
Are you dissing the surly triangle? Razz

Quote:
EDIT: Poor algorab, all his contributions to the forum as herald will forever be plagued by the worst avatar I've ever seen (that he can't change):

http://www.miniaturetrading.com/im/forum/viewtopic/t=3200///
Algorab did get a bad one, but check out danomight's in that same thread - it's the best one I've seen yet!
lord_denton

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quote

Arr... The whole dang forum is filled with these stupid shapes. I wish there was a default set to Pirate-related, since thats the only forum that ever really gets posts...
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:00 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure how to change mine. I created an account on the gravatar site and uploaded 2 pics. I chose one as my primary but how do I make it show up here?
admin
Site Admin

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote

stingrayii wrote:
I'm not sure how to change mine. I created an account on the gravatar site and uploaded 2 pics. I chose one as my primary but how do I make it show up here?

You obviously managed already. But for others, first you need to upload an image and then you need to associate it with your email address. Then it will show in all the websites that use gravatar and where you are registered with that email address.
lord_denton

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:33 pm Reply with quote

admin, please, could you get rid of the shapes? Laughing
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:08 am Reply with quote

lord_denton wrote:

Yes but not git rid of the people who the shapes are for? That would be nice... Smile
pt
lord_denton

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:43 am Reply with quote

proud_tortoise wrote:
lord_denton wrote:

Yes but not git rid of the people who the shapes are for? That would be nice... Smile
pt

Err, what? Confused
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:48 am Reply with quote

never mind
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote

I didnt realize that it would automatically change itself, so I guess I did it right. I just posted since It hadn't changed at the moment.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:37 pm Reply with quote

Just posting here to see if my avatar works. (just to point out that I really dislike that gravatar site. it seems like any username was taken! Including random keyboard mashes! Evil or Very Mad ) I'm not happy.

Well, at least it found my prefered avatar.
admin
Site Admin

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote

mikefina wrote:
Just posting here to see if my avatar works. (just to point out that I really dislike that gravatar site. it seems like any username was taken! Including random keyboard mashes! Evil or Very Mad ) I'm not happy.

Just to point out that the gravatars are not based on username, but on email addresses, so nobody else can take the avatar assigned to your email address.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: