main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Flood prevention

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizz
Guru
Guru

Subject: Flood prevention   PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quote

While I can recognize the need to have something on this site to prevent a spammer from enjoying their favorite hobby, I am not willing to wait 5 to 10 minutes between postings. These flood prevention timers need to be lowered to something more reasonable, like 1 minute.

I would rather see a piece of spam get through every so often and have the community able to be a community, than see the main method of communication strangled by a soulless timer.
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:20 pm Reply with quote

I just started running into this lately as well, and it has to be a recent change because it wasn't happening prior to a week or two ago.

This seems to be happening only in the reviews and armies sections. The forums still have the standard 30-second timer.

If a timer of more than 30 seconds is really needed, please keep it to no more than one minute at the absolute most. Better yet, if it's even possible, would be to base the restrictions on the user - keep the 5 or 10 minute timer for someone that has only a few posts or has only been registered a few days, but then knock it back down to 30 seconds for anyone with more than X-number of posts (100?) or anyone that has been registered more than X-number of days (30?).

A 5 or 10 minute timer is going to do far more to kill discussion and drive people away much quicker than any amount of spam could hope to do.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: