main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Wings of War Data help

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Wings of War Data help   PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:28 pm Reply with quote

Well, I've got the Wings of War WWI series ready for upload, but I'm having an issue with the WWII planes and they way they measure damage dealt.

For WWI, there's a letter or group of letters, like A or B/A. But, with the WWII planes, there's sometime 5 indicators on the damage dealt section and arrows going up or down. How would it look like in the data fields? Could you list an example or two?
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:11 pm Reply with quote

It depends if you're able to easily split the damage field for WWII planes or not, but using this image as an example, you could do some variation on one of these:

Damage: ACC (Short), C (Long)

or

Damage (Short): ACC
Damage (Long): C

----------

It gets a little more hairy with the bombers like this one, because they actually have four damage fields to include front and rear guns.

You could combine the front and rear for each range if you wanted to avoid too many empty fields in the non-bombers (which far outnumber the bombers):

Damage: A (Front Short), A (Rear Short), A (Front Long), A (Rear Long)

or

Damage: A (Front Short), A (Front Long), A (Rear Short), A (Rear Long)

or

Damage (Short): A front, A rear
Damage (Long): A front, A rear

That Stuka has "A" damage for every value, but that's not consistent for all bombers. I know for sure the SBD is up-gunned a little in the front, and future ones very well could be too.
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:16 pm Reply with quote

In the WWI game when there are two values listed for damage (like "A/B") do you choose which to use, or do you apply one of each?

In the WWII game, you apply ALL of the damage markers shown for the given range, so that Bf-109 above would hit its target with three tokens at once (one "A" and two "C"s) when it attacked at close range.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quote

Hmm...

As it stands, I might need to make 2 different Game areas for the Wings of War sets because of the damage fields. I haven't touched the WWII bombers yet, but for the fighters I made the field look like this:

Grumman F4F

B B / B

But that mixes up with the 2 seaters of WWI which would be B/B or B/A.

Thoughts?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: