main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Captain Nemo / Jules Verne Games

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Black Mongoose Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should ahoy_scott buy the game "Nemo's War"?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

ahoy_scott
Master
Master

Subject: Captain Nemo / Jules Verne Games   PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote

Sorry this isn't directly related to the Pirates CSG game.

I've always enjoyed reading and was recently on a kick of reading classical adventure stories like The Lost World, Treasure Island, and King Solomon's Mines. I happened into Pirates CSG by chance, and fell in love with the concept and execution of the game. In summer 2010, I was looking for Magic: The Gathering cards to play against my future brothers and father in law. The store I was in had a Pirates! display and I was hooked.

Anyway, I was able to get an assortment of Mysterious Islands cards. Those got me interested in Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues beneath the sea. It's right in line with the type of stories I have recently come back to reading but for some reason it had not been on my list of books I needed to read. (It's in my pile of summer reading now).

Fast forward to the present day: in August, my fiancée and I will be moving to Nunavut. I need some new hobbies to pass the dead of the (LONG) winter there. I've gotten more and more into games and gaming with her family. A game that is new to me has caught my eye. The game is called "Nemo's War", and it is published by Victory Point Games.

Click here to see the game "Nemo's War" on Victory Point Games' (the publisher's) website

Click here to see the game "Nemo's War" on BoardGameGeek

I am interested because the theme is appealing to me, and it has a solitaire gameplay option, which I'll need in Nunavut.

Has anyone played this game? What'd you think?

Thanks for your comments,
Scott

Last edited by ahoy_scott on Tue May 10, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote

I haven't played it, but I like Verne stories. You should read Mysterious Island. It is the best in my opinion. Tag that with Search of the Castaways and you've completed the Nemo Trilogy.
ahoy_scott
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:04 am Reply with quote

I couldn't resist. I have ordered the Nemo's War game and the expansion kit. I'm looking forward to playing.

I also just purchased Merchants & Marauders, which I have heard good things about. Looks like it'll be a Pirate! summer, Yarrrrrr. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:45 pm Reply with quote

Let us know what you think of Nemo's War. I'd never heard of it before now, but it looks interesting.

ahoy_scott wrote:
I also just purchased Merchants & Marauders, which I have heard good things about. Looks like it'll be a Pirate! summer, Yarrrrrr. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Awesome game! If you've ever played Sid Meier's Pirates!, you're going to love M&M. Even if you haven't, you'll probably still really like it. Very Happy
mastercommander

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quote

M&M...now that would be a game I want! Very Happy Woelf has said nothing but good things about it, and the review on BGG looks great.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Black Mongoose Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: