main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Repository of MT Database Mistakes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:50 pm Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
Ships like the Obago Deuce don't have pictures when they easily could. I'm not sure how the system works but next week I'll actually have the chance to take some pictures of stuff like the Mont Blanc that would start to fill in the missing pieces. I don't have all of them (although I know lordstu's pic of the OD is online) but with a community effort and collaboration with the admin or herald I'm sure we could get it done.

I'm hoping to actually have time to do this sometime in the next month or so, but no guarantees.

Last edited by a7xfanben on Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:16 am; edited 2 times in total
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:57 pm Reply with quote

I noticed the Barracuda has the same picture as the Fathom.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:26 am Reply with quote

I've taken pictures of the ships I have that don't have images in the MT gallery/database. I know they're huge but at least you can see them. If an admin or herald wants to make these the official images for the ships, go right ahead. Now everyone can see what these ships look like. I still need to acquire the Metal Dragon.

The Royal Decrees ARE UT's and not equipment as shown in the picture, although it's easy to get them confused with the Letter of Marque equipment especially when you don't have one or the other.

English Royal Decree

French Royal Decree

Fire Mast Rules

Celestine

Buscador

Mont Blanc

Dame Riante

Montreal

Bruja

Manawa no Kowhatu

Native Canoes (Spanish)

Native Canoes (American)

This Obago Deuce photo was taken by lordstu as far as I know. He may be the only one with a built copy of the ship.
lightningflash
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:12 pm Reply with quote

Awsome. Thanks for the pics.
lord_denton
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:52 am Reply with quote

This thread might have become archaic when Miniature Trading opened the database for editing, but, perhaps there are still mistakes out there, or new mistakes have arisen in the process of correcting the old ones (pure speculation on my part). So, I think I'm going to unlock this one.

Oh, A7xfanben, thank you so much for posting those images! If all of them are not already in the database, we should try and get them into it!
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote

You can unstick this one. I don't know if every single thing mentioned here has been updated already, but any still floating out there should get caught as people work their ways through the database.

If you want to keep some sort of sticky going about the updates, this thread would be much more useful at this point, I think:
http://www.miniaturetrading.com/im/forum/viewtopic/t=8687///
lord_denton
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:49 am Reply with quote

@Woelf: I see what you mean. I've been out of the picture since the changes were made so I'd first like to acquaint myself with what has transpired. But yes, the purposes of these threads have dramatically changed. Hmm, I will think about this.

Is my fear of vandals messing with game piece stats unfounded? Perhaps I should have more faith in people.

In the meantime, since this forum is a democracy (roughly), does anyone else have input on the sticky-worthiness of these threads? Very Happy
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:29 am Reply with quote

lord_denton wrote:
In the meantime, since this forum is a democracy (roughly), does anyone else have input on the sticky-worthiness of these threads? Very Happy

Tough not to agree with woelf here. Although, I don't mind having both stickied for now (this and the one woelf suggested), but I know there can be concern for having too many stickies.

I have to admit that between trading, playing, writing battle reports and doing other Pirates-related activities, I haven't really gone through anything in terms of edits. It would be great to have a perfect database, but that's somewhat unrealistic and (IMO) shouldn't be priority #1.

PS: I wouldn't worry about vandals too much on here. Smile

PPS: I think my pictures are too big lol. If I find the inspiration perhaps I'll try to make them fit to MT's specifications.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Hooray! After re-sizing my pictures and uploading them, they've finally made it into the database! Very Happy
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:16 pm Reply with quote

Bump! We shouldn't let the sticky threads get locked.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:10 am Reply with quote

Bump! We shouldn't let the sticky threads get locked.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:44 am Reply with quote

woelf wrote:
You can unstick this one. I don't know if every single thing mentioned here has been updated already, but any still floating out there should get caught as people work their ways through the database.

If you want to keep some sort of sticky going about the updates, this thread would be much more useful at this point, I think:
http://www.miniaturetrading.com/im/forum/viewtopic/t=8687///

I agree with woelf, and this has just been done. My first "sticky" actions as moderator!

I was originally going to make a poll where people could vote for a sticky to be unstickied, but I think this is easier.

By all means though, keep posting here!

In addition, let me know if you think I'm moving too quickly or abusing my power. Just trying to optimize the forum. I enjoy asking for feedback often (as evidenced by my frequent polls haha), but I think this was a simple and obvious change. We could always have both threads stickied, but they're essentially about the same topic.
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:07 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
In addition, let me know if you think I'm moving too quickly or abusing my power. Just trying to optimize the forum. I enjoy asking for feedback often (as evidenced by my frequent polls haha), but I think this was a simple and obvious change. We could always have both threads stickied, but they're essentially about the same topic.
For BIG changes obviously some feedback or polling may be a good idea, but for general housekeeping there's no need to wait. Just do what needs to be done.

If you unstick or stick something and someone raises a serious objection to it with a valid reason, it's easy enough to add or remove the pin again. Just don't delete any threads, because that can't be undone. (Or maybe it can. It depends on how the messageboard is set up behind the scenes, because some just dump "deleted" threads into an archive.)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: