The Podcast Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
captain_vendari
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:25 pm Reply with quote

godmason wrote:
How much of the game do we need to read up on before the session?

Not much, to be completely honest. The game is mostly describing what your character does, and rolling dice when you attempt to do something with a chance of failure (like attacking a foe or leaping or swinging across board the enemy ship). Everything succeeds on a 4 or better, except combat where it depends on your opponent's Parry score.

Your Attributes and Skills, collectively called Traits, will determine which die type you use for the roll.

You will want at least one set of RPG dice (specifically, d4, d6, d8, d10, and d12) and a second d6 that you can differentiate. Or if you have Android you can download the Savage Worlds Dice Roller app for free from Play Store.
wifey
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:15 pm Reply with quote

I'd be interested in providing a voice/playing, if that's ok...
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:51 am Reply with quote

captain_vendari wrote:
godmason wrote:
How much of the game do we need to read up on before the session?

Not much, to be completely honest. The game is mostly describing what your character does, and rolling dice when you attempt to do something with a chance of failure (like attacking a foe or leaping or swinging across board the enemy ship). Everything succeeds on a 4 or better, except combat where it depends on your opponent's Parry score.

Your Attributes and Skills, collectively called Traits, will determine which die type you use for the roll.

You will want at least one set of RPG dice (specifically, d4, d6, d8, d10, and d12) and a second d6 that you can differentiate. Or if you have Android you can download the Savage Worlds Dice Roller app for free from Play Store.
Thanks. I've done some reading up on DnD, so all I think it'll involve is familiarizing myself with the system. I'll see what dice I have, and any that I lack I'll use an online random number generator for.
captain_vendari
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:03 am Reply with quote

wifey wrote:
I'd be interested in providing a voice/playing, if that's ok...
Perfect! PM me your email and I'll get you a copy of the PDF.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:07 am Reply with quote

We're hoping to record the podcast tonight! If you want to discuss Crimson Coast, hop on Skype and join! (Search for Ben Posthill or PM me your name/username, etc)
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:50 am Reply with quote

Episode 6!

Podiant

Archive.org

The following are updated from Podiant's system so they will be available when they get the podcast.

iTunes

TuneIn

Google Play Music

Pocket Casts

Overcast

Last edited by a7xfanben on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total
el_cazador
Guru
Guru

Subject: Great Work   PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:38 am Reply with quote

I like this new format! Keep up the good work, scurvy dogs!
vixenishcoder66
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote

Have you considered finding a theme song to play at the beginning and the end of the podcasts? Often people have short music clips to break the silence at the start and fade into at the end. Just a thought.

Another set review and I do like the new format!
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:24 am Reply with quote

vixenishcoder66 wrote:
Have you considered finding a theme song to play at the beginning and the end of the podcasts? Often people have short music clips to break the silence at the start and fade into at the end. Just a thought.

I cant speak for them, but a possibility as to why they haven't done that is Copyright, which could be problematic if you use a song in a public domain and not give credit. Again, I cannot say for sure, but it's a possibility.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:58 am Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
vixenishcoder66 wrote:

I cant speak for them, but a possibility as to why they haven't done that is Copyright, which could be problematic if you use a song in a public domain and not give credit. Again, I cannot say for sure, but it's a possibility.

We haven't talked about it, but I do love how the RedDragon show started (Back in Black). However, Xerecs brings up a good point, and I will NOT be having major podcast issues over the implementation of something I consider so trivial. I actually think it's a great idea, but if there's any doubt about copyright I don't think there's much point in awakening that giant. Laughing There are a ton of songs that would work too though, not just PotC but also the various mixes and whatnot that Xerecs and I listen to while playing on VASSAL.

Also, there isn't silence at the start though right? I make it a point to start talking right after I hit record, so I don't think there's any pause at the beginning or end (and I do test the audio for the main sites before I post a new episode). Not to mention, with how long our podcasts have gotten, I wouldn't really want to add more to that or have a perceived waste of people's time for those that want to get straight to the content.
lafittejean
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:37 am Reply with quote

There are a lot of free use musical pieces you can find I think, especially since this is a Age of Sail centric podcast many of the orchestral pieces are public domain and I think you can probably find a free use rendition piece without too much effort. There is also the non-commercial free use option that lets you use a piece of copyrighted audio up to 20 seconds without having to request permission if I remember my copyright rules right.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:19 am Reply with quote

Oops! Really messed up this "post" earlier today lol. I went to the edit function for the post for Episode 6 to copy and paste the same links (except for the Archive.org one) and instead of making a new post, just hit "submit" to change the old one! Embarassed Laughing

Anyway, here we go...

Episode 7 is here! We talked about a bunch of different stuff, including lots of custom reviews and some fun random stuff at the end.

Podiant

Archive.org

The following are updated from Podiant's system so they will be available when they get the podcast.

iTunes

TuneIn

Google Play Music

Pocket Casts

Overcast

~~~~~

Here is the finale of VASSAL Tournament #1 where towing the Zeus briefly made for a weird situation. It wasn't a focal point of that game but certainly a unique moment, and the game itself was one of the best I've played.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:11 pm Reply with quote

Episode 8: the Revolution set review. It's a long one, at over 2 hours. Partly since it's long been a fan favorite set, and it's a pretty big set when you really delve into it. We also went into some good detail on a few of the lesser-used ships. Finally, despite how good the set is, notice how mediocre the named crew options are, since that's one aspect of the set I wanted to bring up that nobody seems to talk about. (I mistakenly thought it was Episode 9, but that will be coming later this month hopefully! XD) Follow along here.

Podiant

Archive.org

iTunes

TuneIn

Google Play Music

Pocket Casts

Overcast
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:28 am Reply with quote

As mentioned on Facebook, this review is LOOOOOONG, in part because I can ramble a bit after a couple Coors, but I think it may be our best review yet. I thoroughly enjoyed recording it, and I hope everyone else enjoys listening to it.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: