FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
My YouTube channel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:55 am Reply with quote

I've done a bunch of videos since my last update in this thread.

The games have their own battle reports of course, which take minutes to read as opposed to watching the hour+ long videos of them being played lol. Here are the most notable recent vids, at least in my opinion:

Forum topics you should read (at Miniature Trading)

How to use the search functions at Miniature Trading to your benefit

How to use Miniature Trading

Explaining my Basic Rules

Opening of CG3

Footage from Command the Oceans
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:15 pm Reply with quote

Due to a variety of factors I won't be able to make as many videos this month as I had planned. I'm still cleaning up from CTO and there are a lot of other things that need to be done as well.

In the meantime though I have uploaded footage of both the T2 Finals and the 16 fleet game, as well as putting the podcast episodes on youtube (I must have deleted the video file for Episode #5).
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:26 pm Reply with quote

Just finished uploading a Keyword playlist.

All of those videos have also been added to the Tutorials playlist, which includes my recent videos on the Start Here and Complete Game rules.

(I tried to manually order the Keyword playlist so it's alphabetical order like in the actual MKL, but it doesn't want to save it in the perfect order.)
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:55 pm Reply with quote

¡VIVA EL IMPERIO ESPAÑOL! (VASSAL Campaign Game 1 retrospective - Galleons Approaching)

Battle Reports for CG1

Less than 2 minutes is not NEARLY enough time to tell the epic story of CG1, but within the timeframe of the song I highlighted most of the main events. I still think CG1 is probably my favorite campaign game ever from a gameplay perspective.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:32 pm Reply with quote

a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:42 pm Reply with quote

maciver
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:57 am Reply with quote

Dude, haven't been around a while, but cool channel!
Great idea, looks good!!
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:07 am Reply with quote

maciver wrote:
Dude, haven't been around a while, but cool channel!
Great idea, looks good!!

Very Happy

Thanks!! Funny timing since I was about to post here - I guess it's just a coincidence, but I've had 5 new subscribers over the past 2 days! Always exciting to see my ideas and passion reaching more people.

Late March and all of April was a big time for my channel, between the tutorials and 4 edited campaign game videos.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:29 pm Reply with quote

My favorite here is the +15 subscribers, along with the uploads of course. Released two videos yesterday and I've got two more coming as soon as today! Very Happy

Edit: Two more Collection Review videos!

a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:48 pm Reply with quote

Celebrating 1 year on YouTube

It has been exactly one year since my first-ever youtube video (not linking to it since it's terrible lol!).

My first video blog is up!

It has been an amazing year. My channel is at 83 subscribers, which I think is pretty solid for just a year on the platform making content solely about a collectible game that has been out of print for nearly a decade. I've gotten over 7000 total views, with 1200 coming in the last 28 days alone (along with over 5700 minutes watched and 14 new subscribers in that 4-week span).

My Start Here playing tutorial has over 2,800 watch minutes and is fast becoming my most-viewed video. I recently changed the featured channel video from the VASSAL tutorial to a "what videos should I make?" video (will change it again too). Since the first video, I am now approaching 27000 minutes watched. Shocked I have now uploaded 183 videos, hopefully not including the few that I deleted due to upload problems (youtube seems to keep some stuff on my end even after I delete it for some reason). Those numbers were padded with the Keyword Playlist, but still, that technically equates to a video every other day! Very Happy (183/365)

This recent EXPLOSION (around 85 videos since March 24th!) is more what I envisioned happening in January/February, but instead it's happened from the end of March (when I recorded the main two tutorials and all of the Keyword Playlist) until now. Now that I'm temporarily done pumping out the edited "epic" campaign game videos, I've been able to focus on a lot of shorter and requested content, hence 15 videos in the past 13 days! Indeed, since starting my daily blog I have really gone crazy recording and uploading often.

Maybe the craziest thing to me now is that for the first time, I'm starting to have a backlog of videos!! Shocked Normally I'm in a rush to produce something and upload it, but now I've actually got 3 videos lined up and ready, with more hopefully recorded either the next two days and/or next week! The views have been slowing down a little lately, so I might try to space things out more, especially since I won't be able to keep this pace up for too long.

Thank you all for your attention, time, likes, comments, and shares. It means a lot to me personally, but also to the game of Pirates CSG itself, which as I always say, needs as much support as it can get. Smile

Here's to another great year on youtube. I probably won't be able to upload the sheer quantity of videos I have since May 23rd of last year, but I want to go pretty hard on it and continue to grow the channel and make videos from the suggestions people put forth. Indeed, my plans going forward are to grow the audience as much as possible, and pay attention to my audience in terms of making videos they actually want to see. (of course, there are also consistent "series" productions such as the Collection Review Series and the podcast uploads that provide long-form content on a regular basis)

PS: Youtube gives me a TON of analytics, a truly staggering amount for being a small youtuber on a free platform. So many stats and criteria it can make your head spin, and I'm a person that likes numbers! Shocked Laughing
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:21 am Reply with quote

Latest video:

VIDEO Miniature Review: Serpent's Fang

There's also a bunch of other new videos up! Very Happy Arrow
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:22 pm Reply with quote

May was great... pretty happy with my productivity. 25 videos, almost 6,000 minutes watched... even more exciting to me is the COMMENTS!! LOVE when people comment and give feedback/questions/ideas on my videos! Thank you.

June is off to a HOT start: 4 videos in the past 2 days! I'm tentatively planning something ambitious for the rest of June, and hopefully beyond: daily uploads. That's right, one video per day. Today I went a little crazy and now I've got 4 videos on backlog. Combine more filming with the daily vlog (hoping to do that at least 3 days a week, hopefully more) and it might be doable. Apparently the youtube algorithm favors frequent (even daily) uploads, and a few of the survey respondents said "more is good", etc.

I would love to do more of the epic campaign game/music videos, but they're far more time consuming than pretty much everything else on the channel (except the set review podcasts perhaps XD), so they're on the backburner for now. (partly due to potential issues with music copyrights...)
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:12 pm Reply with quote

a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:36 pm Reply with quote

I did average more than one video per day in June. For a multitude of reasons, the blog/vlog has been totally scrapped for the time being. I probably will not do another one of those until at least next monday. Videos in general are being put on hold, but I hope to eventually get back in the swing of things. I do have a few videos already recorded, so I hope to upload one or more of those very soon. Thanks!

Crazy how much these numbers dwarf those from just two months ago... Shocked

~~~~~
Check out my fansite at Pirates with Ben!
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:20 am Reply with quote

Slowly getting back into things... just uploaded the latest videos for the Collection Review Series! The Jades are awesome.

Happy to hit 100 subscribers. Thanks for watching, and stay tuned for more.

~~~~~
Check out my fansite at Pirates with Ben!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: