Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
DEATH OF MINIATURE TRADING? (MUST READ)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaredpdmd

Canceled user

Subject: Keep up the good work!   PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:04 am Reply with quote

Hi. I used to be a frequent forum lurker, back when my son & I played Pirates actively 10 years ago. We recently started playing again as a trip down memory lane before he heads off to college. Thanks, Ben, for all your hard work! I love your podcast, too.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: Keep up the good work!   PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:50 pm Reply with quote

jaredpdmd wrote:
Hi. I used to be a frequent forum lurker, back when my son & I played Pirates actively 10 years ago. We recently started playing again as a trip down memory lane before he heads off to college. Thanks, Ben, for all your hard work! I love your podcast, too.

Knew I recognized the username! Thank you for the kind words. If your son is really into it, college could be a great opportunity to teach some new players and maybe get a game group going. (board game nights, etc)

~~~~~
Check out my fansite at Pirates with Ben!
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:26 pm Reply with quote

trollmonkey24

Subject: so what now?   PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:42 am Reply with quote

So will they be completely shutting down TCO? Or will they just be a new management? I hope its just a new management cos its the only place i can play buddyfight
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: so what now?   PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:47 am Reply with quote

trollmonkey24 wrote:
So will they be completely shutting down TCO? Or will they just be a new management? I hope its just a new management cos its the only place i can play buddyfight

This thread already contains everything I know. Contacting them directly is the best way to inquire at this point.

~~~~~
Check out my fansite at Pirates with Ben!
getempowder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Arrrrr!   PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:01 am Reply with quote

Thats it! The song has been sung! I guess it's "Down to see old Hobb". It's been a pleasure and a privilege to sail with every mothers' son who call themselves Pirate! A finer flag to sail under, there be none! Take everything! Give nothing back! We pilidge, we plunder, we steal, we cheat!
A pirates life for me...

And really bad eggs...
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Miniature Trading may yet survive   PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:21 pm Reply with quote

Great news!  I got this private message from the admin:
crsluggo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:39 am Reply with quote

That is good news! Thanks for sharing Ben!
brettb45
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:01 pm Reply with quote

Well, it seems the site is indeed still here! That's good. Happy New Year everyone.
brettb45
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:34 pm Reply with quote

So it seems in trying to save Miniature Trading by copying it; it may have actually sealed its fate. You have a good website and I appreciate all that you've done A7xfanben but all the traffic from this website has moved to your page.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:46 pm Reply with quote

brettb45 wrote:
So it seems in trying to save Miniature Trading by copying it; it may have actually sealed its fate. You have a good website and I appreciate all that you've done A7xfanben but all the traffic from this website has moved to your page.

I've just done the best I can with the info that the admin here gave me. Until it potentially goes down, MT is still the place to go for Pirates trades, historical fleets and reviews, and past information on the game via the forum archives. I also still firmly believe that the community forum and other data/discussions/history should be in the hands of the community, so we are not as reliant on a third party.
brettb45
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:36 am Reply with quote

Yes, you've done an excellent job creating an alternate MT site; but as I understand it, the new owners are no longer going to eliminate MT, right? To use a Pirate analogy, its like everyone got in the life boat because we thought the ship was going down but then nothing happened and everyone is still sitting in the life boat!
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:04 am Reply with quote

brettb45 wrote:
Yes, you've done an excellent job creating an alternate MT site; but as I understand it, the new owners are no longer going to eliminate MT, right? To use a Pirate analogy, its like everyone got in the life boat because we thought the ship was going down but then nothing happened and everyone is still sitting in the life boat!

Yes, all the info I have has been submitted to this thread. I'm just not interested in typing up forum replies at this point that may get lost in a site shutdown I have absolutely no control over. I have over 6000 posts here so I stand to lose a lot more archived content and post memories/info than just about anyone, so that makes me not want to go through that sort of fear again.

I'm just glad we had time to get in the life boat. Smile I didn't know it could be a "false alarm" until after I did a lot of stuff.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: