bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Introduce yerself (or "A round o' grog and a fantastic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: Welcome to the crew   PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:35 pm Reply with quote

captainjohnlock wrote:
a7xfanben wrote:
captainjohnlock wrote:
Captain John Lock be me name, and sinking ships be me game, i used to own a fleet back when i was a small lad and now that i have gotten older i wish to reinvigorate me childhood through these ships, I'm from the landlocked state of Illinois yet i live in both Illinois and Colorado depending on the moment. by the end of the week i should have 77 ish ships to start my fleet

Great to see you here. Thanks for checking out my youtube stuff and signing up here.

Over the past couple years I've seen a lot of people who were into Pirates as kids and are part of a "nostalgia crowd" coming back (the results of the ] bear that out as well). You're certainly not the only one, and I myself could be considered part of that group as well. The whole nostalgia/having more money to spend as an adult factor is really interesting to me in how prevalent it seems. Between old fans having more money and a whole new generation of young folk to attract, the future of the game's prospects may be brighter than we realize.

That will be a solid number of ships to start you off - endless hours of fun to be had playing and collecting! Very Happy

never really been on a forum before and hope this works. ive got set few ships ive got my eyes on but im not holding my breath about getting all of them, and i was wanting to try the vassel (maybe thats what its called) model?

VASSAL module (has everything you need to download, as well as a tutorial)
vetrarbreytin

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:33 pm Reply with quote

Time to add my little hallmark Smile I should've maybe written my first post here but anyway, I do it now.

I'm Vetrarbreytin (a Scandinavian noun which always makes everyone crazy to pronunce it so you can just say "Vetrar"). I'm 24 years-old, French living in Paris. I'm very far from talking perfectly English so I hope I won't misspell too much my messages for you, guys !

I discovered that game quite a long time ago (ca. 2008-2009) and I definitely affirm that my favorite collection is PotSM. I'm really keen on Crimson Coast and Revolution too. I like every factions (with a plus for Spain) but I play most of the time French one (what a surprise you'd say) because the cards are in English and my family / friends are not necessarily comfortable with English.

Glad to be here ! Smile
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quote

vetrarbreytin wrote:
Time to add my little hallmark Smile I should've maybe written my first post here but anyway, I do it now.

I'm Vetrarbreytin (a Scandinavian noun which always makes everyone crazy to pronunce it so you can just say "Vetrar"). I'm 24 years-old, French living in Paris. I'm very far from talking perfectly English so I hope I won't misspell too much my messages for you, guys !

I discovered that game quite a long time ago (ca. 2008-2009) and I definitely affirm that my favorite collection is PotSM. I'm really keen on Crimson Coast and Revolution too. I like every factions (with a plus for Spain) but I play most of the time French one (what a surprise you'd say) because the cards are in English and my family / friends are not necessarily comfortable with English.

Glad to be here ! Smile

Glad to have you here! The first 3 sets are also my favorites. I generally enjoy playing as the French, but they get a lot of hate here on MT for whatever reasons. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your board/playing situation.
captainjack

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:28 pm Reply with quote

Ahoy there everyone, thought I would introduce myself a little before posting anywhere else on the forms.

My user-name on here is CaptainJack (not the Sparrow), but I also go by Jack. I am a quarter of a century in age and live in a landlocked state in Western USA. I bought my first two packs of Spanish Main unlimited shortly before Pirates of the Revolution was released. I still have the first two ships that I pulled (the Windjammer and the HMS King Edward). I played the game and collected a lot of cards up to about 2013 then had them packed away until this last year when I have gotten my bother, a few friends, and even my wife to play a couple games.

One of the reasons I decided to come sign up here and start being a part of the community is due to watching a7xfanben's youtube videos and seeing that there is still a decent sized group of people talking and playing this amazing game to this day! (I would also like to make some trades when that time comes) Smile

P.S. - Ben posted a pic on the thread about VASSAL that showed two or three new people trying it out, two of them were actually my wife and I Laughing
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:24 pm Reply with quote

captainjack wrote:
One of the reasons I decided to come sign up here and start being a part of the community is due to watching a7xfanben's youtube videos and seeing that there is still a decent sized group of people talking and playing this amazing game to this day! (I would also like to make some trades when that time comes) Smile

Welcome to the community! Very Happy

Thank you for coming here after seeing my videos, I love seeing direct evidence of my efforts working in that regard. Smile

~~~~~
Check out my fansite at Pirates with Ben!
jaredpdmd

Subject: Getting back into the game after a looong break   PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:20 am Reply with quote

Hi all. I used to play this game actively with my son about 8-10 years ago. Over time we lost interest and moved onto other games. This is his last year at home before he heads off to college and we started playing a bunch of our old games every weekend as a “farewell tour”. I had forgotten how much fun it could be! I also bought some new packs on eBay and pulled an HMS Grand Temple! We listen to Ben’s podcast and enjoy it tremendously. Thanks, Ben!
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: Getting back into the game after a looong break   PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:52 am Reply with quote

jaredpdmd wrote:
Hi all. I used to play this game actively with my son about 8-10 years ago. Over time we lost interest and moved onto other games. This is his last year at home before he heads off to college and we started playing a bunch of our old games every weekend as a “farewell tour”. I had forgotten how much fun it could be! I also bought some new packs on eBay and pulled an HMS Grand Temple! We listen to Ben’s podcast and enjoy it tremendously. Thanks, Ben!

Thank you, very happy to hear about all that! Very Happy

I assume you've seen the announcement at the top of the forum - unfortunately MT may not survive much longer. (just in case you were planning to start binge making fleets or something! Very Happy )

~~~~~
karakas5two9

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:42 pm Reply with quote

Hello. Hopefully I'll get this posted without interruption like my last few attempts.

Been playing and or collecting Pirates since 2005. Mostly collecting last few years. Started getting my cards back out to finish up sets over the summer and finally been getting into Pirates lists this past month. Need to start getting my haves up soon. Just the wants isn't doing much good.

Started also teaching my kids how to play as well. Spent a few hours at the local Con (Con-Fuzion, Muscle Shoals AL) this past Sunday playing their first game. Daughter won of the four of us.

Hoping MT does manage to stick around. Always annoying getting lists up at a new site. Have a a nice variety of haves to list yet. 10 masts, promos, Whitebeards, most of a set of busts, and when I dig them out (renovations,ugh) most of a case of unopened Mysterious Islands.

So theres my quick intro. Very Happy
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:48 pm Reply with quote

karakas5two9 wrote:
So theres my quick intro. Very Happy

Welcome! I hope MT lasts longer than this month, but I've been preparing for the worst. Partly by trying to get my fansite ready.

We got into Pirates the same year, you'll find plenty of fans who got into it back then and had a hiatus or something before returning years later.

~~~~~
gladius

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:30 pm Reply with quote

Hello all,
Not sure how long this will be here, but here goes.
Originally started playing the game in '04 so I have a lot of original ships and still have a bunch of unopened stuff (packs, booster boxes). Lots of doubles of ships. Eventually I'll post some photos of my storage bins that I created back in the day.

I recently saw a FB post about someone looking for some ships, and I knew I had a bunch of dupes, so I sold them to him. That got me looking through my ships and at various FB groups and such and I found this site. I hope my collector gene doesn't kick in too hard, there are a lot of ships from the later sets that I don't have (I never really collected from Fire and Ice onward). I don't think I have any savage seas ships.

See you all on the high seas!
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:36 pm Reply with quote

gladius wrote:
Hello all,
Not sure how long this will be here, but here goes.
Originally started playing the game in '04 so I have a lot of original ships and still have a bunch of unopened stuff (packs, booster boxes). Lots of doubles of ships. Eventually I'll post some photos of my storage bins that I created back in the day.

Welcome back to the game!

Feel free to sign up at my site Pirates with Ben; the forum is already more active than this one but this is still the place to trade.

Quote:
I hope my collector gene doesn't kick in too hard, there are a lot of ships from the later sets that I don't have (I never really collected from Fire and Ice onward). I don't think I have any savage seas ships.

I assume you mean Fire and Steel and Savage Shores? Savage Seas is a game Xerecs has started though.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: