main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
LotF Observations

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Star Wars Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you be buying LotF just as agressively as you have done with other sets?
Yes.
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe - I'll need to see stats & sculpts, first.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

czamora

Canceled user

Subject: LotF Observations   PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote

1st off, for the first time in a Star Wars Minis set (not including boutique products), all of the R's and VR's are unique characters.

If you're like me, and like to collect multiple copies of non-uniques (I collect 100 points of each figure, and a minimum of two of every non-unique), this will be a relatively easy set to collect.

I wonder how this set will do, considering that almost all of the unique characters are either from the expanded universe (comics, novels, etc.) or versions of main characters from the EU.

Movie Characters from EU Settings:
* VR = 3 (Luke, Leia & Boba Fett)
* R = 2 (Luke & Han)

EU Characters from EU Settings:
* VR = 11
* R = 10

Movie Characters from Movie Settings:
* VR = 0
* R = 2 (General Dodonna & Darth Tyranus)

Also, ignoring boutique products, this is only the second set (3rd if you don't count Starship Battles' Vader's TIE Advanced) that there has been no Darth Vader in the set. The other set was Clone Strike, but that set was almost completely movie/prequel based.

Hmmm...
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote

I really wanted there to be a RotJ subtheme, but it will probably end up being in the Kotor set.
Having no Darth Vader is both a surprise and a relief, as an Imperial player I have at least 5 Vaders already.

:edit: Also, all of the characters are on medium bases. Again a relief.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:47 am Reply with quote

I am really looking forward to this set, i have been reading the legacy and NJO novels and hope to get around to the legacy comics soon. I am glad there is no vader he was getting kinda boring.

Don't know if you've heard but KOTOR is comin out in August and will include Jar Jar, Zayne carrick and Darth Sion.

In November will come Clone Wars with Asajj Ventress, Kit Fisto.

Note all three of this sets will be small not Huge sets.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Star Wars Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: