main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Fleet Challenge: 7-28-08

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canceled user

Subject: Fleet Challenge: 7-28-08   PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote

OK, this has to be a short fleet match, since we already lost 2 days.
Milbarber---congrats on winning last week and have a great vacation.

Here you go.

Title: Fantasy Fleet
Format: Standard 40 pt. Treasure game
Restrictions: ONLY SRs, PRs, LEs, and SEs are allowed. This is your fantasy fleet, the ships you can't typically get a hold of. However, that has to go along with ALL pieces--crew, events, UTs, and whatever else I'm forgetting. Every piece has to be SRs, PRs, LEs, or SEs, which are the black, gold, and green corners, respectively.
Winning: You will be declared the winner if you can show that your fleet can do these 2 things efficiently---get the most treasure the fastest, and demonstrate defensive and offensive power.

Have fun. Title yours "username's Fantasy"

Last edited by Canceled user on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Canceled user

Subject: Re: Fleet Challenge: 7-28-08   PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote

colringbk wrote:
Restrictions: ONLY SRs, LEs, and SEs are allowed.

No PRs?
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quote

PRs too. Sorry I forgot about that group of cards
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:06 am Reply with quote

i'm so sorry about not being able to post any fleets yet. i will have one in tomorrow early afternoon when I have the time to post the fleet. Yet again, sorry for the dalay, And I was wondering if Darrin's idea was being used this week or will we use it some other week?
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:44 pm Reply with quote

Just got my fantasy fleet posted, yet again, sorry for the delay.
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quote

I was going to announce the winner, but didn't get around to it this morning.

I have to say that darrin would win the challenge.

It came down to the speed of and cargo hold of the treasure runners. L'Artesien with 4 cargo and S+S+S and Bonnie Liz with S+L and 5 cargo would clear out the islands pretty quickly.

I do like cabinboy's use of equipment. Nice touch. If it were a gunfight, I think he would win that one. But, as it were a standard treasure game, I think the treasure runners would escape the Morning Star and the Revenant could keep her at bay long enough to bring home the gold.

I'm surprised no one used: Sea Dragons, San Cristobal or Behemoth in the challenge. Huh.

Thanks for putting up with this challenge. I didn't want to prolong it another week. I've noticed challenger attendance has been down so now may be a good time for a break. I'll leave that up to you, darrin, if you want to post a challenge, I'll sticky it. If not, I'll say we pick up in a month or so.
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote

colringbk wrote:

I'm surprised no one used: Sea Dragons, San Cristobal or Behemoth in the challenge. Huh.

Without Lord Mycron or Seleucis available, no compelling reason to use a sea creature, particularly Sea Dragons. Behemoth can at least copy a captain ability in play, but at 19 points, that's half your fleet... there are better things to spend those points on.

San Cristobal wasn't used because there's no way to get any basic crew on her. The only captain you can get on board is Queen Teresa Pavon. No way to get a Helmsman, and the LE Griffin (which I think still needs to have his ability text switched in the database) won't work either.

colringbk wrote:

Thanks for putting up with this challenge. I didn't want to prolong it another week. I've noticed challenger attendance has been down so now may be a good time for a break. I'll leave that up to you, darrin, if you want to post a challenge, I'll sticky it. If not, I'll say we pick up in a month or so.

Interest seems to have waned quite a bit. I think I'll save the Monster challenge for Halloween.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: