main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Limit

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Limit   PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote

Limit---can someone explain to me about the limit keyword?
flinxrap
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: Limit   PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quote

alexthejerk wrote:

alexthejerk,

This is direct from the FAQ found in the forums at WizKids, here: http://forum.wizkidsgames.com/showthread.php?t=179718 In the future, I'd suggest you read the entire FAQ thoroughly before posting any other rules questions.

If you still have questions, please post those questions in the WizKids Games rules forum or send Woelf (the current Pirates rules arbitrator) private messages through the WizKids Games website.

Limit (keyword)
Q: If I already have a ship or crew with the Limit keyword, what happens if I capture one from my opponent?
A: Only one game piece with Limit is allowed in your fleet at a time, period. If an ability, action, or other effect would result in multiple Limit keywords appearing in a fleet, it cannot be used or performed. However, if the crew has the Ransom keyword in addition to Limit, or it is captured by an ability that makes it worth gold, that crew’s Limit keyword is ignored while on the opposing ship.

Thanks,

flinxrap
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Re: Limit   PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote

alexthejerk wrote:

You can only have one piece in your fleet with the Limit keyword.

So you can't have Behemoth and the Hag of Tortuga in the same fleet.

There are four types of Limit abilities:

1) Limit, Ransom. +5 point crew, such as Hag of Tortuga. These allow you to build bigger fleets, but there are some details you want to be aware of. The 5 points is added after the "Build your fleet" phase, so you can only bring in crew/ships/etc. in some combination of 5 points. For example, in a 40 point game you can't build a 35-point fleet and then bring in a 10-point ship. As a zero-point crew, they can only be placed on a ship with a matching nationality, and you can't use "any nationality" abilities to put them on a non-matching ship. If you're playing a scenario without any treasure or gold is not part of the victory conditions, then they shouldn't be allowed.

2) Limit, Ransom. Reroller. Similar to 1), but the reroll ability is usually worth about 3 points. All of these crew can be linked to another crew of the same nation (you can choose which one). These are useful if you need a reroller on a ship but don't have enough cargo/point space to put on a normal reroller.

3) Davy Jones/Behemoth (DJC). Copy any ability in play. Expensive but useful. It can also lead to some rules headaches (DJ copying a Sea Monster, Kraken, Sea Dragon, Flotilla, Jonah, etc.).

4) Davy Jones/Emperor Blackheart (OE). "Fleet Emperor" ability. Similar to a Fleet Commander or Fleet Admiral (roll 1d6, 6 = give any ship second action). These are both 12 points, and expensive, but you are guaranteed the ability will do something, either give one of your ships another action or let you move an opponent's ship.
holofernes
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quote

This is a rule I'm glad they changed... initially it was "one each of any given limit type was allowed", but Woelf saw the wisdom in changing that.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote

alright thanks guys i'll check out wizkids rules next time thanks Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: