Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Most prized pirate?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Most prized pirate?   PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote

I am curious what your most prized pirate item is..whether its because of rarity, value, playability or whatever other reason. For me i am going to have to go with Boachuan on this one. Probably the coolest looking 10 master, the first 10 mast ship, a convention exclusive, and its Jade Rebellion!
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote

My old "target" was the DJC Flying Dutchman (cursed are my favorite).
Now that I have that awesome beast Twisted Evil My current "white whale" is the Behemoth.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:29 am Reply with quote

My most prized card is the HMS Grand Temple. Why? Because she has 4 2L cannons and 2 3S cannons, Junk, 6 masts, Pirate crew may use their abilites on her, and she costs only 15 points for all of this! Very Happy Second place would be the Tiger's Eye with 5 cargo, S+S+S speed, good cannons, and can't be hit with L-ranged cannons. Smile
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:44 am Reply with quote

tyty6293 wrote:
My most prized card is the HMS Grand Temple. Why? Because she has 4 2L cannons and 2 3S cannons, Junk, 6 masts, Pirate crew may use their abilites on her, and she costs only 15 points for all of this! Very Happy Second place would be the Tiger's Eye with 5 cargo, S+S+S speed, good cannons, and can't be hit with L-ranged cannons. Smile

Grand Temple is an awesome ship for sure!! Tiger's Eye...did not expect to see a common on this!! Great treasure hauler, but fairly pricey at 12 points!
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quote

krote wrote:
My old "target" was the DJC Flying Dutchman (cursed are my favorite).
Now that I have that awesome beast Twisted Evil My current "white whale" is the Behemoth.

DJC Flying Dutchman is a great ship for the cursed! Behemoth is truely a scary sea monster.(*though you could only really use is effectively in a large point game)
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:24 am Reply with quote

My prizes are the HMS Swallow. She was the first five masted I ever received after 2 years of opening pirate packs. Very Happy Second, the Delusion because I consider any ship I find a blessing if it's not a duplicate. I'm a collector, you see, and I'd rather display them than play them. Third? The Divine Dragon because it's a 6 masted vessel, one of the two junks I will receive by mail. (I am getting the Delusion and the Divine Dragon via mail.) Fourth? Le Soleil Royal because she was the only French 5 Masted Ship I pulled Naturally. Fifth? Carcharadon because it's a shark.
hawkn93

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:29 am Reply with quote

what? no reply from holo? or can he not think of a good ship that's not "steampunk"? Wink I have quite a few french ships i use pretty often. cant even think of their names, etc though Embarassed Smile
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:30 am Reply with quote

Perhaps all are asleep on Holo's.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:38 am Reply with quote

Quote:
The Divine Dragon because it's a 6 masted vessel, one of the two junks I will receive by mail.

I got my Divine Dragon by mail too. It still ranks as one of the top 5 of my favorite ships in my collection.

((In case you wondering my top 5:
Flying Dutchman
Cadara
Divine Dragon
Fallen Angel
USS Lamon+Shinji Smith= Seamonster Hunter))
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:30 am Reply with quote

I got my entire collection of 10,000+ miniatures all by mail! (actually probably more like 13k now...hehe)

The Delusion is The choice for my buddies two kids...as soon as i charged her up and turned out the lights you should have heard the "ooos and ahhs" Very Happy

I'll tell you guys...one of my favs is the Abomination..just for the sheer LOL factor she is worthy of my mention! Smile
holofernes
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:38 am Reply with quote

Ahem... never assume I'm not lurking under the nearest bed. It's my favorite place to hide and await victims!

As to 'most prized', I couldn't really pick... other than to say my favorites are any 'Ghost ship' or any 'Sea Serpent'. It's not their value or playability, it's their coolness factor to me!

Cool
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:48 am Reply with quote

HMS Victoria, Darkhawk II, Tiger's Eye, and lately the Hai Peng. And my Johnny Depp tin. Oh, and the cool island-explored markers I made. And the cheasy Fog Bank that's saved my butt a lot sometimes. I like by Baba Yaga because her bow looks like a snow goose. Almost forgot the Zeus, my first mail-in, earned monster ship. Whoa, The Admiral, when its export-my-cards actually works with MS Access so I can do custom-fleet-crew queries.

Last but not least...Woelf
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:23 am Reply with quote

My favorite is my first printing (faded, matte finish) El Garante. Beautiful artwork for that first run.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:36 pm Reply with quote

I have to say my favorite ship is the El Acorazado from the Spanish Main. It was the first Spanish ship I pulled, and I have used it in almost every game I have played.

Garvey
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote

my favorites would have to be the 400 series from fire and steel (thanks to old_man), actualy to have Blackbeard and the Queen Annes Revenge. the historical beauties not necisarily handy but cool factor is huge. and the artwork is good

number 2 is the Chum maker, why its Shiney! and it has a very cool ability for a scorpion ship.

I always wanted to see a scorpion that could not be shot at by ships within s of it. mwha ha ha Twisted Evil

(I'm a history buff by the way)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: