main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
what tis the largest multi player game ye have been in?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: what tis the largest multi player game ye have been in?   PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:29 am Reply with quote

Har har, I bet my boots none of ye have played in a game with more than eight players. tis up to ye to prove me wrong. Personally I participated in a 14 man game using an area of floor 10ft by 14 ft thats 140 sqr ft. let me tell you whirpools really made thinds interesting. I also won it with my patented gold making spanish fleet that got jade te hee.

so whats your largest game?
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:45 am Reply with quote

I organized a battle that consisted of one player for every faction, so ten players in all. It was a battle royal of 30pt fleets, I played barbary corsairs and I took third, the french won. We played on a medium sized round table (maybe 6 feet in diameter). With 10 players it was pretty crazy.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:45 am Reply with quote

3 including myself
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:15 am Reply with quote

10 people in 6 ft di wow! how did you not kill one another?
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:22 am Reply with quote

The largest game I've ever been in was four players (including myself), on a regulation-sized pool table.

The vast majority of my games are two-player.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quote

I have not regularly seen three worthy opponents across the waves since Barbary Coast. Back then, we didn't even know what we were doing. Once during OE.

My nephews, 7-13 years old, once held 5-player game and included me. Alliances? You just can't trust those kids once they get out on open water...
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:33 am Reply with quote

The largest game I was in was with 4 players including myself. It was a 150 pt. game and all of the players picked one premade fleet out of 8 from a hat and use that fleet. It was pretty tight when we played on a 32 in. by 32 in. square. There were 4 islands in the center and 4 home islands in the corners. It got really awesome and hard when a lot of ships piled up on another. Overall it was a great experience. Smile
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:13 am Reply with quote

cpt_jr wrote:
10 people in 6 ft di wow! how did you not kill one another?

it was tight, and trust me there was plenty of killing. Actually the match was really fast at first. people just dropped like flies, then once the weak were sunk it became much more strategic
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:02 pm Reply with quote

Largest - 6 players 100pts each

Longest - 2 players 750pts each on a 12ft by 4ft board. Took two days. Was absolute carnage
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quote

My largest game was a halloween scenario at my LGS. I was the privateer and fielded a 100 pt. fleet of all cursed. The rest played 60 pts. of whichever nation they chose, but had to hace one cursed ship in their fleet. In essence it was all of the against me, so that makes it 12 against 1. Their job to was to collect gold so they could win candy, turns out trying sink the Guichuan, Flying Dutchman, and Loki's Revenge is better than candy. It was a good fight though. My guichuan took out one players Zeus early since he thought things would end in his favor. Carnage was high, and many were lost to the locker. The best part was, the player that won simply stayed away, and was able to round up about half the gold and later complain of a stomache ache. 100 pts to the cursed can just be deadly, espacially against an unorganized group of 600 pts. It was an awesome 4 hour game, played on a 4x8 ft. table with a couple custom islands.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:37 pm Reply with quote

My largest game was a halloween scenario at my LGS. I was the privateer and fielded a 100 pt. fleet of all cursed. The rest played 60 pts. of whichever nation they chose, but had to hace one cursed ship in their fleet. In essence it was all of the against me, so that makes it 12 against 1. Their job to was to collect gold so they could win candy, turns out trying sink the Guichuan, Flying Dutchman, and Loki's Revenge is better than candy. It was a good fight though. My guichuan took out one players Zeus early since he thought things would end in his favor. Carnage was high, and many were lost to the locker. The best part was, the player that won simply stayed away, and was able to round up about half the gold and later complain of a stomache ache. 100 pts to the cursed can just be deadly, espacially against an unorganized group of 600 pts. It was an awesome 4 hour game, played on a 4x8 ft. table with a couple custom islands.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote

those sound like some cool battles!

i remember a 250pt 3plr with no boundarys one of the playes just started sailing away across the floor. also there was team rounds with about 4 teams of 2 with 150pts to each player, those were the ages of the ten master.
cleverpun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:06 am Reply with quote

woelf wrote:
The largest game I've ever been in was four players (including myself), on a regulation-sized pool table.

The vast majority of my games are two-player.

Ha, I also use my pool table for pirates games, though generally we cut it in half.

Most was three, and I greatly prefer two player games. Though with high point values, even those can get ridiculous.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quote

cleverpun wrote:
Most was three, and I greatly prefer two player games. Though with high point values, even those can get ridiculous.

Two player games are fun especially when you and your opponent have all day and decide to have a huge 300 pt. game, with three wild islands that can't be explored until have of the total number of ships is gone. This was really fun. Smile It gets preatty interesting is to should I keep this ship behind, or should I go out there and destroy my opponent for the beginning. There is a lot of straigey involved in this game. I love this game.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:21 am Reply with quote

Unlocked! Since someone else may want to post here.

Most I've had is 6 including myself when I taught 5 other people how to play at a game night a few years ago.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: