main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
what tis the largest multi player game ye have been in?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:43 am Reply with quote

I think the largest game I was involved with had five players. I'm not sure now when it was, but it was a while ago now.
vetrarbreytin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:22 pm Reply with quote

For my part, the largest one was a four-players-game (ENG, FR, US, PIRATES). We, people I play with and myself included, decide most of the time to focus each one of us on a specific faction (with cards from mixed sets) but it was quite rare to adopt multinational games. I've noticed with time that it also helped us to understand the mechanisms which are specific to nations because, for noobs like me, it can be really easy to get lost with all those nations, all those ships and their abilities. Easier to learn one by one instead of mixing everything from the beginning.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:26 pm Reply with quote

vetrarbreytin wrote:
For my part, the largest one was a four-players-game (ENG, FR, US, PIRATES). We, people I play with and myself included, decide most of the time to focus each one of us on a specific faction (with cards from mixed sets) but it was quite rare to adopt multinational games. I've noticed with time that it also helped us to understand the mechanisms which are specific to nations because, for noobs like me, it can be really easy to get lost with all those nations, all those ships and their abilities. Easier to learn one by one instead of mixing everything from the beginning.

Agreed, I much prefer single faction play most of the time. Unless someone's collection was quite small, it's great thematically to keep them separate.

It may seem hard to believe now with all my content and whatnot, but I was new and overwhelmed some years ago too! Very Happy I joined the online community in 2011, but it wasn't until 2014/2015 when I had a good grasp of things and had generally memorized a lot of the game pieces and how they worked rules-wise/etc.
vixenishcoder66
Expert
Expert

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:13 pm Reply with quote

The largest number of people I have had in a game was 7. I was teaching them how to play so I had majorly altered the game and premade fleets for everyone with minimal keywords and crew. It was still a lot of fun and interesting because when the ocean is large enough some players have their own separate “games” going on that doesn’t involve you yet. It gives you the simultaneous experience of observer and player. If only they had all wanted to continue playing. Out of 7 only one person went out and bought pirates but now we play semi regularly.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:39 pm Reply with quote

vixenishcoder66 wrote:
The largest number of people I have had in a game was 7. I was teaching them how to play so I had majorly altered the game and premade fleets for everyone with minimal keywords and crew. It was still a lot of fun and interesting because when the ocean is large enough some players have their own separate “games” going on that doesn’t involve you yet. It gives you the simultaneous experience of observer and player. If only they had all wanted to continue playing. Out of 7 only one person went out and bought pirates but now we play semi regularly.

Awesome! I know what you mean to some degree, especially from a couple physical games I've been involved in and the first chunk of CG3.

If you can, try to be happy with that "retention rate". Of the 17 people I've taught, I don't think any of them have played Pirates outside of their games with me, and to my knowledge they haven't bought any stuff either. (partly since I gave stuff away to get them started though)
krazykat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:03 pm Reply with quote

2... I need more friends
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:07 pm Reply with quote

krazykat wrote:
2... I need more friends

Fair point, but you could try playing on VASSAL. VASSAL Campaign Game 3 had a whopping 6 players, and that's for a LONG game! Very Happy

~~~~~
Check out my fansite at Pirates with Ben!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: