main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Miniatures Reviews & Armies Marathon

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Halo ActionClix
View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Miniatures Reviews & Armies Marathon   PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quote

CONTEST: Miniatures Reviews & Armies Marathon

This contest will be a 7 day point marathon focused on the Review Sections of Miniature Trading: Miniature Reviews and Armies. These sections strive on your input, whether it is your articles, votes, or comments. Currenly, the Pirates CSG section of the reviews dominate. This contest is aimed to build up the other libraries of game reviews that Miniature Trading fosters. However, it does not exclude Pirates CSG Reviews, but contributions for the Pirates reviews will be awarded fewer points.

So, you will receive points for creating articles, gaining comments, and leaving comments. The more you contribute, the more points you will receive. The contest will begin July 6, 12:00 A.M. GMT and will end July 12, 11:59 P.M. GMT. However, you only gain points while the contest is going on.

It is encouraged to:
1. leave positive feedback AND constructive criticism. For instance, say a positive comment, followed by an idea to improve on, and end with another positive comment.
2. comment on your own reviews. Though you will not receive points for your own comments, responding to someone else’s comment on your review may spark a discussion.
3. vote. Well, there’s no way to award points for voting since it is anonymous, but you’re there anyway. Why not vote?

Point Breakdown:
- You will receive 1 point for every comment left on any of your reviews or armies during the contest time.
- You will receive 2 points for every comment you leave on someone else’s reviews or armies during the contest time.
- You will receive 3 points for every Pirate review and fleet you create during the contest time.
- You will receive 10 points for every non-Pirate review and army you create during the contest time.

You will NOT receive points:
- if your only comment is, “Nice Job! Good review!” There needs to be an explanation about your comment.
- if you leave a comment targeted to “bash” or degrade the author. This contest is not meant to be a gateway for personal attacks. ALL comments should be helpful.
- if you comment on a review/army authored by a user that is no longer registered with Miniature Trading.

How the Tournament will progress:
At the end of every day, I will check the Miniature Reviews and Armies sections in order to tally the points. Then, in the Welcome forums, I will post the participants and their points in a running total. The only Reviews and Armies sections that it may be difficult to check for will be the Pirates section. So, I will check those sections from May 2009 to present. If you commented on a review or army that was written before those dates, send me a personal message so that I may check that one.

Prizes
There will be 5 prizes given away to the top 5 contributors. The prizes are set up to be starter kits, either complete starters from stores, or kits put together from various pieces. The idea is to give 2 people an opportunity to try a new game they are unfamiliar with, hopefully making new fans of the new game.

Pirates of the Cursed Seas
  1. 2 40-point fleets (or larger)
  2. 4 dice
  3. 6 Islands

Axis & Allies Miniatures
  1. 50-point Allies army
  2. 50-point Axis army
  3. 4 maps
  4. Rules booklet
  5. Quickstart booklet
  6. 10 dice
  7. Set of damage counters

Axis & Allies War At Sea
  1. 55-point Allies Fleet
  2. 55-point Axis Fleet
  3. 2 maps
  4. Rules booklet
  5. Quickstart booklet
  6. 10 dice
  7. Set of damage counters

Star Wars Pocketmodel
  1. 60 deck cards
  2. 60 build stars of units
  3. 2 copies of 9 different Tournament foil deck cards (included in the 60 deck cards)
  4. 2 playmats
  5. Rulebook
  6. 2 dice

Star Wars Miniatures
  1. 2 Clone Wars Starter sets

Raffle Pool Prizes
In case you can't commit time to the Reviews or Armies to be a significant point-runner, there will be 3 raffle pool prizes for ANYONE that contributes according the rules mentioned above. These 3 prizes will be available ONLY to users that are NOT in the top 5.
    Horroclix
  1. 6 LE Promos (divided into 2 prizes)

Monsterpocalypse
  1. 2 Limited Edition Mega Monsters from Series 2

If you have any questions, please PM me.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quote

Sorry, there needs to be a correction: You get points for creating a review OR army. It is not required to do both to get points. Sorry about that.

I've included my points as well. I usually don't compete in the contests, but I'd really like to this time. If anyone sees a problem with it, PM me and we can discuss it.

Here's the point totals after Day 1:

daystildone Arrow 2 points
chasseur85 Arrow 14 points
colringbk Arrow 18 points
cleverpun Arrow 2 points
robbin Arrow 13 points
captain_arrr Arrow 1 point
lord_denton Arrow 3 points
lordstu Arrow 12 points
michael Arrow 3 points
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:22 am Reply with quote

I'm going to put up the scores only on the Welcome forum for now on. Thanks guys. You're halfway there!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Halo ActionClix All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: