main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Still want your LOTR Hex or GW figures!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Lord of the Rings TMG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Still want your LOTR Hex or GW figures!!   PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote

Still Looking!!!

Anyone have any of these you would like to trade? If you do please pm me with a list.
My biggest wants are:
#1 Fellbeast
#2 Balrog
#3 Treebeard
#4 Cave Troll
#5 Two Towers figures (all)
#6 Fellowship figures (most)

I also want Games Workshop Lotr figures. If you have any please contact me. If you have GW Fellbeast or Balrog i will be you best friend

I have a ton of spare pirates, over 1000 heroclix, miniature painting skill and terrain making expertise to trade for Lotr tmg or GW Lotr figures.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:16 am Reply with quote

Fraid I don't have anything to trade, but it's good to see that someone out there is still playing the game, or at least collecting it. This is what, the first new post to this forum in nearly a year?

My son & I recently dusted off the set to play a couple of games, reminding me that it really is a well-designed & executed wargame. Who knows, maybe if The Hobbit movie(s) ever get made (doubtful, but who knows), it will return, or some other form of Combat Hex game will someday emerge.

Did you ever participate in the Snaggletooth forums? I met bombadil and aacanales, locals here in Austin, through that forum. We made an attempt to get back together earlier this year, but conflicting family schedules prevented it.

The Snaggletooth guy occasionally puts a jeweled Fellowship die on ebay, one of the few pieces I still need, along with a Rohirrim Spearman. Plus there are still tales from time to time of finding the rarer later pieces (Fellbeast, Mordor Troll) in retail stores - like a good treasure hunt, they are always in remote locales such as Australia or Norway.

Yeah, I still remember the game; it was in fact the origin of the username sauromatian, which obviously I still use. The whole topic of dead games, and dead gaming communities, is something I find incredibly poignant. A few years ago I wrote this piece on the (also gone-to-Valhalla) WizKids forum.

It's about people who go berserk when their favorite game goes out of print, or their favorite TV show is cancelled. In particular, it's about a game called "Creepy Freaks" that was a commercial flop, & few fans mourned when it went out of production. I imagined that somewhere, there must be someone who cared about it:

--------------
What is it like to be the world's last and greatest Creepy Freaks devotee? It would be a sad and lonely path to tread, like being the last worshipper of a dead god.

You would recall the days of glories past, when Creepy Freaks hit every toy and hobby shop in the world. It seemed like nothing could stop it then. 90% of that stock is still there, except it's in the $1 bin and taunts you like a rebuke whenever you see it.

At one time, your collection's shining completeness held a handsome value on paper. Now it's so much dot.com stock. Sometimes you still buy another duplicate $1 booster and feel bad about it an hour later.

You go to the local games store with your Creepy Freaks collection, in it's impressive storage cases you had custom built and teams sorted for every strategic use they will never have. The kids playing Yu-Gi-Oh! think you're weird.

You check the official manufacturer's forum for Creepy Freaks on a regular basis, but even Woelf stopped answering your queries during the first W. Bush Administration. The words No New Posts In The Last 30 Days greet you every time.

You think about your last games the way some people think about the last time they got laid.

Ten years from now, you meet someone who got the game for Christmas as a kid. Sure, he says, he and his friends played it for years, we had a great time. No, he wasn't even aware that it went out of production and was considered a commercial failure. You decide he has no true understanding for the inner beauty of the game and leave in a huff.

Twenty years from now, your Creepy Freaks collection is borrowed by a filmmaker doing a retro-hip period-piece set in the early '00s, marketed to teenagers who weren't even born when this game was made. The parts are lost or destroyed; the producer offers you a line of cocaine when you protest.

Twenty-two years from now, you are involved in a suicide-bombing attempt at GenCon LVI, then being held in Buenos Aires. The headlines read: Nerd Among Nerds. A pop group makes a hit song with a that title so you try to sue them from prison, but you are unsuccessful and the litigation receives little outside attention.
---------------
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:14 am Reply with quote

Great post sauromatian!! Yeah i am a big fan of the lotr miniatures...they are getting really hard to find these days unfortunately.
I do post a little bit on the snaggletooth forums and a bit on laurendihil forums also, but both forums see almost no traffic these days.

Here is a little update for my lotr miniature collection:
My biggest wants are:
#1 Fellbeast
#2 Balrog
#3 Treebeard
#4 Cave Troll
#5 Two Towers figures (all)
#6 Fellowship figures (most)

I also want Games Workshop Lotr figures. If you have any please contact me.
I finally got my two biggest wants for GW's Lotr Fellbeast and Balrog!! Yipee!! I wont be needing these figures anymore!!

I have a ton of spare pirates, over 1000 heroclix, miniature painting skill and terrain making expertise to trade for Lotr tmg or GW Lotr figures.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Lord of the Rings TMG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: