main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Spanish Main OP0393
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relvar99

Canceled user

Subject: Spanish Main OP0393   PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:27 pm Reply with quote

I just purchased this on ebay, but have not been able to find a description anywhere. Anyone knows what this is...

OP393 Ghost card set new never used.

I think it was supposed to be OP0393, but I am not sure.

Thanks!
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Re: Spanish Main OP0393   PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:58 pm Reply with quote

relvar99 wrote:
I just purchased this on ebay, but have not been able to find a description anywhere. Anyone knows what this is...

OP393 Ghost card set new never used.

I think it was supposed to be OP0393, but I am not sure.

Thanks!

I think it might be the promo number, as the Ghost cards came in a pack? I know there are 3 cards with the word Ghost on it.

I have another question.

Spanish main was released in two sets, Unlimited and main

The main set has a number series which uses EC, ES, GS, GT etc

Does the unlimited series, use UL before the number or just the number. I seem to have started to discover a third series in the unlimted group. Cards using the UL?

Can anyone shed some light on this?
holofernes
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote

For a complete checklist of every card ever actually printed and commercially released for Pirates, as well as extensive data on all the sets and their releases, grab the excel file here: http://home.comcast.net/~holofernes_adelphia1/JollyRogerChecklist.html

1) OP(0)393: The "OP" packs refer to the labels on promo/handout packs, and the 300 series of labels was generally from Spanish Main... there were six 300 OP series "ghostly looking", aka all grey/no color artwork promos ships in that set, but not ships with the Ghost keyword... so technically they are not ghost ships.

As a rule, the actual ship name and number on the card have little to do with this promo sticker number WK put on the outside of the package.

My guess is that it will be the "ghostly" version of HMS Meresman, HMS Wycliffe, or Asesino De La Nave, as the OP number for the other three are known. Let us know what 393 actually contains when you get it!

2) WK had a screwy and inconsistant card numbering system until Revolutions, when everything settled down.

Also, Spanish Main actually had 3 printings... the first two had letter/number combinations for cards (the 'faded' first run and the better quality same second run), and the third run with a reformed (normal) numbering system of all 3 digit numbers - but these didn't have UL in front of them. "UL" began to appear for second printings of sets starting in Revolutions. *and before Old_Man corrects me, there were actually 4 UL cards prior to Revolution, but they only appeard in the German release.

UL 008 Bunte Kuh
UL 013 Roter Teufel
UL 017 Klabautermann
UL 026 Sturmvogel
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:21 am Reply with quote

I though the black/white/grey promos were just a printing error. I have a few of those.
etcmn
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:12 am Reply with quote

[quote="holofernes"]For a complete checklist of every card ever actually printed and commercially released for Pirates, as well as extensive data on all the sets and their releases, grab the excel file here: http://home.comcast.net/~holofernes_adelphia1/JollyRogerChecklist.html

Thanks for that link.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:30 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I though the black/white/grey promos were just a printing error. I have a few of those.

I also always thought this. I have a few grey ships. But I did not get them as promo's. They were in the boosters I bought them in.
old_man
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:45 am Reply with quote

holofernes wrote:
For a complete checklist ... http://home.comcast.net/~holofernes_adelphia1/JollyRogerChecklist.html

missing one ship Wink

old_man
relvar99

Canceled user

Subject: Thanks for the replies...   PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:25 pm Reply with quote

It is very difficult from the picture to tell what will actually be inside, but I am pretty sure the "top" card in the picture will most likely be GS001, Revenant. As soon as I get my greedy little hands on the pack I will let you know the contents! I secretly hope its all of the G* cards from the first set, GC, GS and GT, since apart from Scrye (PP-375-C) and 376 Revenge, those are the only "cards" I am missing.

-relvar
holofernes
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quote

visio wrote:
I have a few grey ships. But I did not get them as promo's. They were in the boosters I bought them in.

Yep, some of them also showed up this way occasionally too.

old_man wrote:

missing one ship Wink old_man

Nope - as mentioned in the document, the Jolly Roger only lists actual released ships, not prototypes that never made it to commercial release. Otherwise I'd also list the Sea Dragon prototypes that came up on eBay before, and what-not.

But at some point when I get enough new trivia to add, I'll add the info on your special one-of-a-kind prototype ship, and note you have it. : )

Last edited by holofernes on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
holofernes
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: Thanks for the replies...   PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote

relvar99 wrote:
It is very difficult from the picture to tell what will actually be inside, but I am pretty sure the "top" card in the picture will most likely be GS001, Revenant. -relvar

... some of the 300 series were multicard packs. I missed the 'set' part you mentioned.

Here's the confirmed "OP" packs for Spanish Main that I know about, so it will be interesting to add the 393 to my trivia. : )

- OP0379 "Prize Kit 1" contained ?
- OP0380 "Prize Kit 2" contained ?
- OP0381 "Prize Kit 3" contained GS002 (Snipe)
- OP0382 "Prize Kit 4" contained GS005 (HMS Meresman) and ?
- OP0383 "Prize Kit 5" contained ?
- OP0384 "Prize Kit 6" contained ?
- OP0385 "Prize Kit 7" contained ?
- OP0386 "Prize Kit 8" contained GS005 (HMS Meresman) and GT003 (Helmsman)
- OP0388 "Prize Kit 10" contained GS003 (La Resolucion)
- OP0389 "Prize Kit 11" contained GS004 (Asesina De La Nave) and GS006 (HMS Wycliffe)
- OP0390 "Prize Kit 12" contained GS001 (Revenant)

Last edited by holofernes on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Re: Thanks for the replies...   PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:32 pm Reply with quote

holofernes wrote:
relvar99 wrote:
It is very difficult from the picture to tell what will actually be inside, but I am pretty sure the "top" card in the picture will most likely be GS001, Revenant. -relvar

Ah - you didn't mention there might be more than one card in the pack... some of the 300 series were multicard packs. Here's the confirmed "OP" packs for Spanish Main that I know about, so it will be interesting to add the 393 to my trivia. : )

- OP0379 "Prize Kit 1" contained ?
- OP0380 "Prize Kit 2" contained ?
- OP0381 "Prize Kit 3" contained GS002 (Snipe)
- OP0382 "Prize Kit 4" contained GS005 (HMS Meresman) and ?
- OP0383 "Prize Kit 5" contained ?
- OP0384 "Prize Kit 6" contained ?
- OP0385 "Prize Kit 7" contained ?
- OP0386 "Prize Kit 8" contained GS005 (HMS Meresman) and GT003 (Helmsman)
- OP0388 "Prize Kit 10" contained GS003 (La Resolucion)
- OP0389 "Prize Kit 11" contained GS004 (Asesina De La Nave) and GS006 (HMS Wycliffe)
- OP0390 "Prize Kit 12" contained GS001 (Revenant)

I have quite a few of those and want to sell them, but i have no idea what to price them at....
lordstu

Canceled user

Subject: Re: Thanks for the replies...   PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote

redskullz wrote:
I have quite a few of those and want to sell them, but i have no idea what to price them at....

The Snipe and the Revenant seem to command the highest asking prices - the ones I've seen have been priced at $10 and up, but they never seem to sell at that price - I guess it depends upon whether or not you want to "set the price" for them or actually try and get some cash for them.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Re: Thanks for the replies...   PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:18 pm Reply with quote

redskullz wrote:

I wonder if that's how they originated? Maybe the designers were using b/w mockups, & decided they looked cool.

lordstu wrote:
never seem to sell at that price

This might not be the best moment to sell. A new PotC movie may lead to a new release of the game, in which case prices could rise. These packs are among the most classic.
relvar99

Canceled user

Subject: Verdict is in, well, almost   PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Ok. The set is definitely "Pirates of the Spanish Main, Ghost Card Set, OP0393". All of the cards are in a single, sealed plastic bag, and inside that bag there appears to be 11 (maybe 12) other sealed bags (very hard to count). The top bag is indeed GS-001, and the bottom bag is GT-001. It looks like the entire OP set is contained therein, as outlined in holoferne's post. I want desperately to open this thing up to see, but I think it may be more valuable (and collectible) this way.

old_man, you have this one in your collection?

cheers!
holofernes
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quote

hah - well that's pretty cool. Razz

I'm sure Old_Man has all the cards in the pack, as I do, but I'd be surprised if his are in a "sealed pack of packs", like yours... or if that makes it worth significantly more to someone as a collectible than the individual cards inside would, etc.

For example, sealed factory sets aren't worth more than opened factory sets, where all the cards are mint and still there, that is. It's not like an action figure blister.

But if you do decide to open the outer pack or can make out each card # in the pack, please let me know specifically all that is in it.

Thanks for sharing!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: