main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Rarest ship?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the rarest?
F&S Scepter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Raptor Maw
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Treasure Card
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Obago Deuce
100%
 100%  [ 16 ]
Chum Maker
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Rarest ship?   PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote

Well? What is? I would certainly like to know what you guys think Cool
mastercommander

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quote

Where is the Castigue??? Shocked I had a Chum Maker once, it's not too rare.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:49 am Reply with quote

i didnt list any ships that had 1 know copy to exist or else there would be no competition. If someone could put those in order of rarity I would appreciate it. Very Happy
bootstrapbill
Master
Master

Subject: Rarest   PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:21 am Reply with quote

It is the Obago Deuce because that is the only ship listed that I have not been able to buy, trade, or otherwise obtain. (I don't have the treasure cards either, but they are not ships.)
lordstu

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quote

Obago Deuce, Scepter, Raptor Maw, complete set of "0" Treasure cards, Chum Maker, in that order. The Castigue is apparently not complete, so it's not fair to include it in any selection of rare cards, but of rare items, yes, it's the rarest of the rare.

The "0" cards turn up from time to time, so it's a toss up between them and the Chum Maker, but since they were never properly distributed as the Maker was*, I'll give them the nod.

*I think anyone who was buying F&S at the time it was released got their Chum Makers.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote

All i know is that the only chum maker I have seen unpunched on ebay went for 80 bucks Shocked Shocked Raptors are around 25-30 from what I have seen. That may have just been a fluke, and based on what I have seen the bidding on 10 masters do, this is a plausible theory.
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote

lordstu wrote:
*I think anyone who was buying F&S at the time it was released got their Chum Makers.
I'm not sure how common those actually were, since for that one you had to find and mail in the specific story. The odds of finding that may not have been much better than they were for the RotF mail-in (Scepter), at least once WK realized the packaging mistake and started allowing any story for that one. The only reason there may be more Chum Makers in circulation is because a lot of Scepters never got redeemed by players that still thought they needed the specific story.

Even though I didn't buy quite as many packs of F&S as some previous sets, I never found a Chum Maker story.

---------------------------

As far as rarity of the other stuff listed goes, obvious the Deuce is at the top and I'd put Raptor Maw close to the bottom. The actual rarity of the treasure cards really depends if you're trying to put together a full set or if you just want one or two in order to get a few zero gold tokens. A full set pushes the difficulty up significantly, but if you only need one or two and don't care about the specific card number they're a lot easier to get.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Rarity Poll....   PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:05 pm Reply with quote

Easily it is the Obago Deuce. I've been buying, selling and trading this game from the beginning and only came up with one myself. One of the last few that yadontstop was selling. ($55.00) The F&S Scepter is definitely next. Only came up with 2 copies. I believe only one came along with a package of 30 Raptor Maws for tournament support. Old_Man can confirm this I think. Treasure cards were never plentiful, but I did move 50 or so and kept 2 sets for myself. Actually a toss up with the Raptor Maw as I went through 40 or so of those and again kept a couple for myself. I know the Chum Maker was difficult for some people to get but I'm sure there were high hundreds, if not over a thousand printed. I never had trouble getting them to resale at the time they were released and purchased a couple of decent sized lots after the promotion was over. What do you think old_man?
holofernes
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quote

The Rarest PRODUCTION ship is undoubtedly the 'Deuce.

Castigue would be more rare but it is only a concept item and not a production ship... no stats/deckplate cards, etc.

imhop.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Agreed...   PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quote

We might even be stretchin' it a little bit with the Obago Deuce since it wasn't "officially" released, or was it?. I personally still feel the old_man has one up on me with the Castigue, released or not...but I do have a Blackheart from the early days signed by Justin Durst (sic?) it looks like (Woelf, any help here on the name?) and an unpunched sheet of Barbary Coast which is signed by one of the main Pirates artists Mike Mulvihill which I got when I visited the office in Washington. Smile Anyways, sorry to go a little off topic....
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: Agreed...   PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:17 am Reply with quote

admiralyoung wrote:
...but I do have a Blackheart from the early days signed by Justin Durst (sic?) it looks like (Woelf, any help here on the name?) and an unpunched sheet of Barbary Coast which is signed by one of the main Pirates artists Mike Mulvihill which I got when I visited the office in Washington. Smile Anyways, sorry to go a little off topic....
The last name doesn't sound familiar, but there was a Justin that did a bunch of artwork for the game in the earlier sets. You can even see his name in the borders of some crew tokens.

One good example is The Nameless, AKA "Justin 5", from SCS:

Mike Mulvihill was actually the lead designer for the game up through RotF, when he decided to leave WK and Kelly Bonilla took over as the lead for the remainder.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:50 am Reply with quote

Admiral, from what I have seen of your ebay sales, You must have had 10-15 complete sets to put out the ebay sales you have Shocked Shocked That is what I have always dreamed of Very Happy

P.S keep the FN LE sales coming Smile
old_man
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: Rarity Poll....   PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:55 pm Reply with quote

admiralyoung wrote:
The F&S Scepter is definitely next. Only came up with 2 copies. I believe only one came along with a package of 30 Raptor Maws for tournament support. Old_Man can confirm this I think.

Correct - Dec'08 prize kit #1 1 copy F&S-200 Scepter, one of F&S-201 Chain Shot and 30 F&S-226 Raptor Maw and Dec'08 prize kit #2 - a complete set of F&S 200-225
By accident in early 2008 a prize kit #1 found it's way into old_man's treasure chest, so he was the only source for Raptor Maw for a long time - all the German F&S prize kits were lost in his deep treasure chest Twisted Evil - and then Pirates was stopped here in Germany, no release of Savage Shores Sad

my personal rarity list from my memory
RtSS #? Vieil_Homme, my most wanted, forgot the number, will look at, when I'm at home in a week or so
RotF 097 Ochobrazo - no know copy
F&S 136-SiaB Wyvern - no known copy Wink
F&S 135-SiaB Castigue - 1 known pre-assembled ship, incomplete, no deckplates, only stats thru a contest, won by woelf
F&S P08 Obago Deuce - I think, 32 known copies
F&S 200 Scepter and 201 Chain Shot
Scandinavian Islands
complete set of the German Four
complete SS #051 Celtic Fury/Eileen Brigid O'Brien and #052 Shui Xian/Shap'ng Tsai
F&S 300 Chum Maker

old_man
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:46 am Reply with quote

Did not realize the deuce was such a shut out Surprised

I say this because at a garage sale i found 3 in a collection and didnt know they were that rare.

( JRazz RazzK )
omegatraf

Canceled user

Subject: Re: Rarity Poll....   PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:32 am Reply with quote

old_man wrote:
complete SS #051 Celtic Fury/Eileen Brigid O'Brien and #052 Shui Xian/Shap'ng Tsai
F&S 300 Chum Maker
old_man
These are the only things besides the Zeus I got from buying cards at the store. Every SR and all other SR's I have, I got from trading.

Are the SS 10 masters really that rare complete? Or just for you Old man, in Germany?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: