main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Paypal account HACKED!!! ALL READ ASAP!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Black Mongoose Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Paypal account HACKED!!! ALL READ ASAP!   PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote

My paypal account HAS been hacked, they literally went in and filed a buncha [watch the language--edited by colringbk] disputes and whatnot.

I have spent the last 58 minutes on the phone WITH paypal.. they have cleared MOST of this mess up.

Fun factoid - they tried adding 2 stolen credit cards to my account, then tried making purchases for them. This is what caused my account to be "locked down" in the first place..

According to Paypal.. they believe this is a "ripple" effect from the Sony hack. Over 1 dozen of my recent purchases are all disputed, some of them actually already closed.. in MY favor.. Ive spent all morning sorting thru the mess, emailing people who sold me items etc etc.

One of those people is on this website.. Stingrayii. He sold me a Zeus unpunched for 35 dollars... and that transaction was one of the ones disputed. The following paragraph is for both legal, and peace of mind reasons to EVERYONE on this board, I am a LEGITIMATE buyer who literally got butt-raped by the internet. It will take a few days for the mess to clear and all the chargebacks, disputes and everything else to be cleared up.. but EVERYONE has thier money in the end.

Dear Paypal,

The purchase being disputed is NOT a false transaction. I, John Carter Mullins, purchased the item for 35 dollars and recieved my item in a timely fashion, and in perfect working order. This email is sent to the original seller in compliance with your customer service department's instructions.

John Mullins

Again.. I am SO sorry to Stingrayii for the mess he's been placed in.

John
mastercommander

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:18 pm Reply with quote

So...what the Heck is this doing in the Pirates forum? Confused
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quote

2 reasons..

#1 - To let the forum know exactly what happened, and that I was at fault. This prevents a "bad cloud" over my head for future transactions.

#2 - And most importantly.. to WARN people here who use paypal, and may perhaps have a SOE or Sony Account.. change your passwords for everything. Let my mistake and misfortune serve some good.

Wink
mastercommander

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quote

What I meant was, why isn't this in the Black Mongoose Tavern?

It's Ok, I just thought it was a little strange.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm a little slow on this. Its moved now.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:15 pm Reply with quote

No problem, Just keep me informed as to what is going on. Enjoy the last of my 2 unpunched Zeus's. I have one left... Need to find more.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:04 am Reply with quote

So it would seem paypal has taken the $35.00 and returned it to him, thus leaving me without the payment made for my zeus and my zeus.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Black Mongoose Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: