main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Mage Knight is back? (Maybe) MK Revenge

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Mage Knight
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notalwaysyou
Master
Master

Subject: Mage Knight is back? (Maybe) MK Revenge   PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:19 am Reply with quote

So I do not know the history of this game; I understand Wizkids brought the property back, but in a boardgame form and I doubt it was the same thing. HOWEVER there seems to be a push to bring the original game back from within Wizkid's sister company, MFV. It seems the initial idea is to produce a video game, and then the physical game may come back. BUT there is some mention of LE figures being made for the official Kickstarter, which is being used to guage support. Here's the link for those of you who care.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/673464163/mage-knight-revenge
Of course, it looks like it is $170 for those LE figures. Correct me if I got anything wrong, I am not familiar with the game and I only have an old Snowman piece I got in an Ebay auction Embarassed
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote

The new board game is completely different from the original MK. It sounds like it's very good, but I haven't had the chance to play it.

With this new thing their focus seems to be on the video game, but that goes well they'll look into bringing back the physical game. Whether or not that actually happens remains to be seen, and even if it does there's no guarantee that it will be compatible with the old figures.

Hopeful, but skeptical.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Mage Knight All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: