Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Oddities? in my Pulls

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyty6293
Expert
Expert

Subject: Oddities? in my Pulls   PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:00 am Reply with quote

Hi guys! I rediscovered my Pirates collection after eight years of it sitting in my room. I recently bought a box of Barbary Coast and Crimson Coast, and lots of packs of Caribbean and Spanish Main because those where the sets I had the least about of cards in. And I also need to build up my trade collection. So be on the look out for looks of good stuff for trade.

Anyway, when opening my packs, I came across a few oddities. In one of my Barbary Coast packs, a couple of cards were rubber banded together inside the pack! In my Crimson Coast packs, my Dry Powder (095) had all silver coins on the front and back. And my Geoffery Flores (022) had a purple rarity symbol. Both cards also had the "Wizkids" circle on them. I've posted pictures here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/GIgAbnZ

Were my pulls misprints? Or is that how those cards typically come?
notalwaysyou
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:02 am Reply with quote

I've gotten a rubber band between cards and my instructions before. It really wasn't common in my experience.... But it still happened apparently. I think mine was in CC though.

And i believe the promo cards you pulled (designated by the logo) is a known odd pull. Shouldn't have been there, but it was for multiple people.
xeriousone
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:03 am Reply with quote

I had a SCS pack that was sealed, inside it felt like it had 1 coin punched, so I opened it to discover a rubber ring used in the track to roll the cards to the packaging machine Confused
As to the CC cards they are LECC versions which were randomly inserted in the packages. They are exactly the same as the CC version but have the wizkids seal on them except they are ghosted (the special SM cards are the same). The regular versions don't have those so you should put them in a separate sleeve if you are collecting them, save them for trade fodder or use them to play with (they aren't that rare).
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:25 am Reply with quote

I could swear I've gotten a rubber band or two in my time. The silver coins were rare inserts, nice find.
vetrarbreytin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 am Reply with quote

This is an auspicious comeback !

I didn't know it was possible to get some rubber banded cards. Tell us what you'll have in your next packages, we never know ....

Arrow

Arrow

Arrow

Arrow

4 Roanoke in a row Razz
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:20 am Reply with quote

As others said, not misprints but nice and lucky pulls. Neat about the rubber band, especially since it wasn't from the infamous first run of DJC. Laughing

I've opened plenty of packs, but have hardly gotten any oddities, not even mismatched cards more than once. Most annoying was a couple ships from CC where the cut didn't go all the way through. Had to really be rough with the main card just to get the main deck out. Though, it led to a perfect shipwreck that I love, so I suppose it was better in the end. Very Happy

(click to see full size)

~~~~~
Check out my fansite at Pirates with Ben!
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:21 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I've opened plenty of packs, but have hardly gotten any oddities, not even mismatched cards more than once. Most annoying was a couple ships from CC where the cut didn't go all the way through. Had to really be rough with the main card just to get the main deck out.

Really? You've never had a mismatched card? I had that happen to me in a Rise of the Fiends pack, I got a 2/3 of Rising Sun. I have experienced the other phenomena on a few different occasions. I had a Golden Medusa whose main deck didn't want to come out, and rather than risk splintering, I just used a main deck of a different schooner. It has also occurred on a Jonas Richman I got from an e-bay lot, his crew chip is not cut all the way through, and i'm debating the use of an x-acto knife to gt him out.
xeriousone
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:36 pm Reply with quote

I have a box of mismatched / punched or general oddities... I think I am still the king of pack opening since I have several mismatches 8 or so I can recall off the top of my head.
I have only 1 misprint with a ship on 1 side and coins on the other punched as the ship.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:18 pm Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
Quote:
I've opened plenty of packs, but have hardly gotten any oddities, not even mismatched cards more than once. Most annoying was a couple ships from CC where the cut didn't go all the way through. Had to really be rough with the main card just to get the main deck out.

Really? You've never had a mismatched card?

Discussed here

I suppose I have good luck with NOT finding mismatches but bad luck with finding super rare packs. (still only one, the not-so-super-rare RotF pack) I guess you could say I don't usually find abnormal things in packs. XD I think I've only opened 1 or 2 of the first-run DJC packs though, so that decreases my chances. Laughing Can't wait to find some hairs. Laughing Razz

Quote:
I had that happen to me in a Rise of the Fiends pack, I got a 2/3 of Rising Sun.

If it really says 2/3 on it, that would be a pretty cool mistake - the Rising Sun is only a 2 card ship!

~~~~~
Check out my fansite at Pirates with Ben!
tyty6293
Expert
Expert

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:11 pm Reply with quote

That explains why there are 4 cards in the Crimson Coast limited edition. Thanks!
captbeta
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Re: Oddities? in my Pulls   PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:52 pm Reply with quote

tyty6293 wrote:
Hi guys! I rediscovered my Pirates collection after eight years of it sitting in my room. I recently bought a box of Barbary Coast and Crimson Coast, and lots of packs of Caribbean and Spanish Main because those where the sets I had the least about of cards in. And I also need to build up my trade collection. So be on the look out for looks of good stuff for trade.

Anyway, when opening my packs, I came across a few oddities. In one of my Barbary Coast packs, a couple of cards were rubber banded together inside the pack! In my Crimson Coast packs, my Dry Powder (095) had all silver coins on the front and back. And my Geoffery Flores (022) had a purple rarity symbol. Both cards also had the "Wizkids" circle on them. I've posted pictures here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/GIgAbnZ

Were my pulls misprints? Or is that how those cards typically come?

During Crimson Coast Wizkids put random prizes in the blind pull packs. It happened to me and I was so happy and said something here back in the day. Another member told us all that Wizkids put some of these in the packs. I bought a few more booster boxes and lo and behold I was able to complete my CC prizes 200-217 and then some.
notalwaysyou
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:41 pm Reply with quote

My brother and I got a divine dragon that was stupidly hard to punch out. it looks pretty bad, much like Ben's, but I think he has possession of it. Luckily it was our third copy, so it wasn't as big of a loss
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: