Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Spreadsheet to record and rank all cards/ships

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovejoyz
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: Spreadsheet to record and rank all cards/ships   PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:28 am Reply with quote

Ok... So, I enjoy the forum ship/card list function. However, is there an easier way to add multiple ships at a time, or does anybody have any self editing excel spreadsheet type pages?
I don't mind this forum sheet, but going through and typing, and searching for every ship, adding it, then doing it again, will take FOREVER... Did everybody just do this? Or do you have a method or program that I'm missing? P.S. I don't know how to use excel, or any other spreadsheet forms.. I'd be willing to learn, just don't have that knowledge right now.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: Spreadsheet to record and rank all cards/ships   PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:23 am Reply with quote

lovejoyz wrote:
Ok... So, I enjoy the forum ship/card list function. However, is there an easier way to add multiple ships at a time, or does anybody have any self editing excel spreadsheet type pages?
I don't mind this forum sheet, but going through and typing, and searching for every ship, adding it, then doing it again, will take FOREVER... Did everybody just do this? Or do you have a method or program that I'm missing? P.S. I don't know how to use excel, or any other spreadsheet forms.. I'd be willing to learn, just don't have that knowledge right now.

Are you talking about adding stuff to your haves and wants? Try going to Your Data>Have/Want>scroll down to Miniature Search>then you can sort by set or any other search criteria and select multiple ships at once.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by ranking them... the Jolly Roger and Admiral programs may be of interest to you.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/149754/jolly-roger-8-8-2017-version
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/58071/admiral-fleet-building-software-v139-superhomer
lovejoyz
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:00 pm Reply with quote

Yes!

That Jolly Roger. That's what I was looking to make. However, downloading it, and enabling editing will do much better:)

Thanks. You're a ninja-pirate.
lovejoyz
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote

I did make it through all of the ships that I had before the Christmas pulls that we got. I don't have a membership at an image hosting site, most of the places that I've put images have their own image hosts. I'll have to create one and get some images of the Christmas pull.. It was like 3 Ebay Auctions, and a private sale... Shocked
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:45 pm Reply with quote

lovejoyz wrote:
I did make it through all of the ships that I had before the Christmas pulls that we got. I don't have a membership at an image hosting site, most of the places that I've put images have their own image hosts. I'll have to create one and get some images of the Christmas pull.. It was like 3 Ebay Auctions, and a private sale... Shocked

If you're looking for a picture hosting site, try postimage.com. I use it and its free.

Wow, quite a Christmas haul indeed.
xeriousone
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: Spreadsheet to record and rank all cards/ships   PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:15 pm Reply with quote

lovejoyz wrote:

If you are looking for an easy way to list your ships and upload them on the Miniature Trading site... I use Open Office (a free program available at openoffice.org to write and edit my lists (I got the correct format for each set from upload miniatures and selected template file generation for each set (you may have to correct it over time since the templates are no longer 100% accurate)).
Once I had my template copied to Open Office I edited my numbers and saved, selected all, copied and pasted into notepad (where it is more work to move mark the new additions) and saved as a .txt document for uploading to the Miniature Trading website.
lovejoyz
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:44 pm Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
lovejoyz wrote:

If you're looking for a picture hosting site, try postimage.com. I use it and its free.

Wow, quite a Christmas haul indeed.

I'm not going to lie....I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put a picture up on postimage.com.. That is some designer website for posters and stuff?
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote

lovejoyz wrote:
I'm not going to lie....I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put a picture up on postimage.com.. That is some designer website for posters and stuff?

I recommend signing up for an account there, going to "My Images", creating a folder for the category of stuff you're uploading, and then hit Upload. If it doesn't go smoothly then perhaps the site is having issues (it was earlier today for a moment).
lovejoyz
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:43 pm Reply with quote

That was the problem, I couldn’t find the ‘my images’ tab... what about imgur, anybody use that? Or does it force you off the site without showing the pictures? I haven’t been a member of a forum in forever, I’m so out of practice.
lovejoyz
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:34 pm Reply with quote

Oookkkkk... it's postimages.org Once I did some googling and found it. That .com site is another thing.
Now, as a level 0 user, I couldnt post pictures anyways. You'll all have to wait...:/
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:48 pm Reply with quote

lovejoyz wrote:
Oookkkkk... it's postimages.org Once I did some googling and found it. That .com site is another thing.
Now, as a level 0 user, I couldnt post pictures anyways. You'll all have to wait...:/

Ah yes, they have changed their url address at least once since Xerecs and I started using it. You can expedite the leveling process by posting your thoughts in the various topics (such as the Rankings threads for example), and getting involved in the fleets and miniature review sections. (you also get a lot of points for trades, but those can take a week or two to complete)

I've used imgur a couple times for the subreddit, but I don't like how you have to copy and paste each picture's url individually. Postimages.org gives you a huge list, even in the hundreds of pictures so making a big post with a lot of pictures (aka most of my battle reports) is far easier.
lovejoyz
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:04 am Reply with quote

Hahaha I’ve been trying, but I feel like a goof replying in threads I don’t know much about, or need vastly more knowledge about to give input. I had a whole new thread started, pics uploaded, everything, then it said, blah, level 0 user..meh. I’ll get it
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: