Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Hall of Fame Voting #2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Hall of Fame Voting #2   PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:10 pm Reply with quote

Woelf is the first member of the Pirates CSG Hall of Fame! Who will be next? This is the second induction voting thread.

Quote:
Each month, everyone can post their vote in the corresponding thread. Vote for one person per "induction". The person with the most votes gets to be inducted into the Pirates CSG Hall of Fame. If there is a tie, we can have a poll to decide which member gets in. These people can be anyone in the Pirates CSG community. This includes members who are no longer active here at Miniature Trading, and also members from other Pirates CSG sites. (I would say that people who worked on the game (designers, artists, etc) would be exempt because they'd all be such automatic shoo-ins heh) Feel free to explain why you voted for the person. You cannot vote for yourself (no Brethren Court shenanigans XD).

VOTE!
pirateaj14
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:15 am Reply with quote

My nomination for the second Hall of Famer would have to be without a doubt a7xfanben. His contributions to the Pirates community have been tremendous and very helpful.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:44 am Reply with quote

My vote is for Cadet-Captain Mike. His website is truly legendary, and inspired both the fansites of myself and captain_vendari. The information and advice provided there has guided countless fans of the game in many different aspects of it.

In addition, he has been an excellent moderator at Pojo for many many years. That site is where I made my first post in this online community of pirates, and used to be a thriving forum with many active members. (including some of the ones here such as vladsimpaler and lord_denton (SevenSeas))

Finally, he is the father of modern battle reports. The original Battle Reports thread begins with a nod to his work (mostly found on his site), and has led to the reports here and on other sites such as BoardGameGeek. My own reports inspired Xerecs to play his huge games and report on them (at first anyway, as now it's a tradition for him and his brothers), and the Battle Reports thread here at MT has seen lots of other BR's from various players.

(His other contributions include a custom set, various scenarios, the random setup tables, custom islands, and more.)
notalwaysyou
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:56 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben seems like the fairer of the choice so far. Since you've been doing so much to give Pirates a presence on a variety of social media platforms, as well as giving this forum a kick in the pants sometimes when it needs it. So that's where my vote goes this round!
rossinaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote

My vote is also for a7xfanben.
The amount of work he puts into this site is fantastic. He has a passion for this game that is almost unmatched by anyone that I have seen. He has new and creative ideas that keep this game alive and entertaining for those who still enjoy to play. His battle reports are really fun to read and the detail is great.
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:19 pm Reply with quote

I'm of a few opinions. Cadet-Captain Mike and Ben have made excellent contributions to the game over the years, so a choice between either is difficult. Is it too late to have this function similar to real life 'hall of fame' entrants, where there is a class of a certain year?

If not my vote is to Cadet-Captain Mike as well.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:22 pm Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
I'm of a few opinions. Cadet-Captain Mike and Ben have made excellent contributions to the game over the years, so a choice between either is difficult. Is it too late to have this function similar to real life 'hall of fame' entrants, where there is a class of a certain year?

I think that would be difficult to implement, but if others want that too perhaps we can figure it out. I'm thinking that we'll have about 6 months of inductions followed by an induction once every 2 or 3 months after that.
lord_denton
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:49 pm Reply with quote

I vote for A7xfanben. The commitment, consideration, thought and care he shows for both Pirates CSG and the forum members of Miniature Trading is exemplary.

With Ben at the wheel, this forum of ours has been -- and will continue to be -- in very, very good hands.

Woelf! Congratulations on the well-deserved honor of being Hall of Fame Inductee #1!

People like Woelf, A7xfanben, and Cadet-Captain Mike, Holofernes, and Old_Man have a burning passion for the game and the forum's activities that kindles a fire in others. Without Cadet-Captain Mike's reviews and battle reports, would my embers have ever kindled into a fire? They might not have, so I'm very thankful that Mike was that inspiration for me.

Edit: At first, I was thinking from a player's perspective, so I mistakenly neglected to mention any of our inspiring collectors.
captain_vendari
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:27 am Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a tough choice between Mike and Ben. On the one hand, Mike's site inspired my own and what got me really interested in playing over collecting. On the other hand, Ben has been a pillar of a this community and, from my perspective, has single-handedly kept this community afloat.

That being said, I'll cast my vote for Ben.
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:29 pm Reply with quote

Definitely Ben.
This is filler text to get over the character minimum.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote

We could use more votes, we have 8 so far this time compared to 10 last time!
lafittejean
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:35 am Reply with quote

I'm kinda new here, heck I can't even post links yet but I have to nominate Ben since it was actually your Weebly site that introduced me to the fact that there was a Pirates community on the internet.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:01 pm Reply with quote

lafittejean wrote:
I'm kinda new here, heck I can't even post links yet but I have to nominate Ben since it was actually your Weebly site that introduced me to the fact that there was a Pirates community on the internet.

Thank you, I saw you said that before but I am so happy that it's the case. Very excited my creation is directly helping the game a bit! Very Happy It also inspires me to keep the site going, although it's mostly "complete" for now... lately I've just been updating the video page and I'll certainly add some stuff about CTO at some point in the future....
el_cazador
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:43 pm Reply with quote

Definitely a7xfanben! His campaign games are fun to read; his promotion of VASSAL has enabled us to play together more often than if we had to meet up; and a whole host of other reasons that have been mentioned above.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: