main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Hijack this thread! And, reply to other's hijacks! ;)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should be done about the limit to 2 actions per ship?
I'm a loyalist, a Woelfitarian - let the limit stand!
64%
 64%  [ 35 ]
Yarr, to the depths with the limit! Bring back me power builds!
16%
 16%  [ 9 ]
Meh, I'm sick of all this dice rolling - limit it to 1 action instead (pity that all extra action crew will now be useless, but thus is the price of progress...)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Make it a limit of 0 and decide the game on which fleet looks the prettiest in port!
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Double Yarr, I don't care for the rules! I play by no Code!
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Triple Yarr, let the limit stand but only for me opponents!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wait, there's a limit on extra actions? Since when?
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
I don't have an opinion but I like voting in polls. I collect "I voted" stickers.
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 54

usedname
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:27 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:

I was on hiatus when it hit store shelves, but overall I think F&S was one of the weakest sets. Despite a large quantity of game pieces, a staggering amount of them were either mediocre or below average. A lot of low speeds and relatively small cargo holds make it one of the poorest sets for gameplay. However, it did have some bright spots, namely the various 5 masters, solid named crew, and equipment, the latter of which probably should have shown up much earlier in the production run.

What are your thoughts on the set?

It was the best set wizkids made.
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:31 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
April 9th is the 10th anniversary of Fire and Steel being released.

I was on hiatus when it hit store shelves, but overall I think F&S was one of the weakest sets. Despite a large quantity of game pieces, a staggering amount of them were either mediocre or below average. A lot of low speeds and relatively small cargo holds make it one of the poorest sets for gameplay. However, it did have some bright spots, namely the various 5 masters, solid named crew, and equipment, the latter of which probably should have shown up much earlier in the production run.

What are your thoughts on the set?

I agree that FS had poorer ships in terms of speed, but better ships in terms of fighting. Most of the ships seem to be geared toward battle, even the ones with gold related abilities. There are only a few good named crew in the set, with Lord Mycron and Hammersmith being the only stand outs to me.

I'm meh on equipment, I don't use Fire Shot too much, since it'll most likely backfire on me if I use it, and Grape Shot never seemed worth it to me. Double Shot and Exploding Shot are fun, and I use them most often. The various letter of marque equipment are a cool idea, but I almost NEVER use parley outside of campaigns where certain bonuses are attached to it.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:48 pm Reply with quote

http://postimg.org/ is having a problem, so they've moved their web address along with any picture links. Not sure if it's permanent or not, but either way I knew this was a possibility. From now on I may try to do only video reports and put them on youtube, and I'll keep the video files in case youtube ever goes down too. Rolling Eyes

(I would still love to have old reports with pictures, but the ludicrous time investment is not worth it to redo picture links when I could have everything in the same video file instead in the future. The circus of picture hosting sites failing may never end, so it'd be easier to have a battle report back by hosting the video on a different site (or google drive Idea ) rather than redoing dozens, hundreds, or thousands of picture links.)
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:45 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
http://postimg.org/ is having a problem, so they've moved their web address along with any picture links. Not sure if it's permanent or not, but either way I knew this was a possibility. From now on I may try to do only video reports and put them on youtube, and I'll keep the video files in case youtube ever goes down too. Rolling Eyes

(I would still love to have old reports with pictures, but the ludicrous time investment is not worth it to redo picture links when I could have everything in the same video file instead in the future. The circus of picture hosting sites failing may never end, so it'd be easier to have a battle report back by hosting the video on a different site (or google drive Idea ) rather than redoing dozens, hundreds, or thousands of picture links.)

Drat. time to find another image hosting site, or do as you've said, and just make videos of everything. If we switch to YouTube as our platform for sharing stuff around, like pictures and whatnot, I don't think we'll ever have trouble with it going belly-up.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:02 am Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
a7xfanben wrote:

Drat. time to find another image hosting site, or do as you've said, and just make videos of everything. If we switch to YouTube as our platform for sharing stuff around, like pictures and whatnot, I don't think we'll ever have trouble with it going belly-up.

No site is safe in this digital world, so either way it's always good to have backups of files of course. If someone told another in 2007 that myspace and photobucket would be where they are now, hmmm. Even recently youtube has been declining.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:45 pm Reply with quote

ANNOUNCEMENT: With the image site I'm using, they have changed their picture links from ".org" to ".cc". By quickly pasting my reports of past campaign games into a google doc and hitting ctrl+H to find and replace all .org cases to .cc, I am able to "fix" reports. I have already done that for Command the Oceans, which can be found here. I would put that on MT, but I believe it is too big for one post (485 pages in a google doc, and it says "error debug mode" when trying to post it). Since I care very much about my campaign game battle reports and this fix requires about 1% of the time and effort compared to redoing every single picture link, I'm trying to get my CG reports back up relatively soon. I will be posting them as single posts in the Battle Reports thread.

So the problem isn't quite as bad as I had thought, until postimages potentially disappears for real that is.

a7xfanben wrote:

a7xfanben wrote:
'Tis a sad time for players like me. Between photobucket and now postimages.org failing (the latter likely permanently, but who knows), it appears that the "age" or era of text and picture based battle reports is over. Almost this entire thread is now "broken". Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

Hundreds or even thousands of hours would be required for me to get my battle reports back up in some form, and the failure rate of popular media and websites make me not want to even bother, especially since my campaign game reports are broken again less than a year after I fixed them following the collapse of photobucket. At least we have the text and general story. I do have my reports saved in google docs, so hopefully google won't collapse quite yet. Shocked Laughing

Anyway, just a warning that any reports with pictures are in future trouble. (I know about imgur and the like, but I can't trust any now. Just had a thought about putting pictures directly into a google doc that is shared, but the data usage and/or mechanics of it could be problematic.)
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:40 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: A Pirate's Life for me, year in and year out   PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Gosh I love this game. I actually like (to some degree) that the community is a little scattered across different websites too, since it gives me the opportunity to post things in a different way on different platforms. Bunch of new survey responses, new youtube subscribers, and a really great picture I just posted on the Facebook group. Makes me want to play around with editing pictures more, but there's just so much else to do! Very Happy Every time I try to focus on other things, Pirates CSG just pulls me back in and I end up spending a ton of time on it either way. Surprised Smile (not complaining lol)
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: A Pirate's Life for me, year in and year out   PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:31 pm Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
Gosh I love this game. I actually like (to some degree) that the community is a little scattered across different websites too, since it gives me the opportunity to post things in a different way on different platforms. Bunch of new survey responses, new youtube subscribers, and a really great picture I just posted on the Facebook group. Makes me want to play around with editing pictures more, but there's just so much else to do! Very Happy Every time I try to focus on other things, Pirates CSG just pulls me back in and I end up spending a ton of time on it either way. Surprised Smile (not complaining lol)

heh, I wish I had your problem. When I spend time on the game, I usually have to set aside other things I should be doing.

I'm not that into other sites for pirates, with the exception being the FB group. I've got plans for videos, but my equipment is in dire need of upgrading before I can make videos whose quality I am satisfied with.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: A Pirate's Life for me, year in and year out   PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:25 pm Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
a7xfanben wrote:

heh, I wish I had your problem. When I spend time on the game, I usually have to set aside other things I should be doing.

That's understandable, and the case with most people I think. I'm the opposite - since around 2015, I've oftentimes prioritized Pirates stuff above most other things, even when it's not necessarily the best idea. XD It just comes down to passion and liking vs. caring, which I've come to understand I'm in a different league in. (just like how you or someone else is infinitely better or more passionate than me at something else, or multiple other things)

Quote:
I'm not that into other sites for pirates, with the exception being the FB group. I've got plans for videos, but my equipment is in dire need of upgrading before I can make videos whose quality I am satisfied with.

I consider myself almost an "ambassador" for the game at this point if you will, so I feel the need to be on as many platforms as possible. It kind of ebbs and flows... right now the subreddit is pretty much devoid of commenting (probably since most of the posts are just links to other sites), but the Facebook group has had a bunch of new members and various activity of late. I still need to get on more platforms and/or apps.

However, reddit's new look seems to make it more like a forum - you can add links with a button system (similar to google docs) rather than try to memorize the bracket/parentheses system that I dislike and find silly to attempt using. (plus asterisks for bolding instead of a button, etc) Seems better now.

Looking forward to more videos from you.
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:26 pm Reply with quote

New thread for the game "Windward" that people may have heard us talk about on the podcast. It's only $10 on Steam, and easily has dozens of hours of gameplay, especially in co-op. Give it a shot!
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:42 pm Reply with quote

godmason wrote:
New thread for the game "Windward" that people may have heard us talk about on the podcast. It's only $10 on Steam, and easily has dozens of hours of gameplay, especially in co-op. Give it a shot!

If I had time I would probably enjoy something like that, but I have WAY too many Pirates things to do first...

Speaking of which, check out this table that basically has whirlpools that actually sink into the table. Would be interesting to make a gaming table where whirlpool teleportation must happen underneath the table. XD (with legs instead of solid sides of course)
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:46 pm Reply with quote

Wow. This podcast discusses the PotC movies by the minute. Shocked Shocked Like a minute of the movie stretched into a half hour podcast. XD That's some dedication. Really makes me want to have a call-in feature on our podcast too... with some notification for when we're live and when the podcast is over. Idea

Good times in the Pirates CSG community today; 3+ new members at the Facebook group, some comments on youtube where I've gone on a tear and uploaded 5 videos in 3 days, and some changes to my new fansite. Oh and CG4 continued a tiny bit.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:22 pm Reply with quote

As I talk about on my blog, HWG now has Pirates CSG on their homepage! Revolution is on sale for the next ~13 hours, until midnight EST apparently.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:33 pm Reply with quote

I was notified through a comment on my Instagram that today is US National Maritime Day! Very Happy

So here are some pictures to celebrate! Very Happy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 53 of 54

Jump to: