main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Favourite MT "sound bites" (v 2.0)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Favourite MT "sound bites" (v 2.0)   PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:04 am Reply with quote

After 6 years, I think it's time for another thread! Very Happy (yes, this is yet another post inspired by the Thread of Threads)

cpt_jr wrote:
fate has dealt a fatal blow to me. the one ship that i sent out to old_man returned to me due to my own ill thought in how i posted it (i have never sent anything over seas before), but that part is ok. The horrible part occured over the weekend, my house caught fire, and my upper floors (particulary two rooms) were severly damaged, tho others were just abit. however in these two upper rooms i kept my obago duces, along with a portion of my collection (the rest is in the basement and are ok thank god). so i regret to say all transactions or trade offers in process with others are herby teminated/cancled, that is unless you want a obago that has been hit by a real firepot, and i tell you a pile of melted is not pretty and smells worse. It will take me along time to rebuild my work, and to you who i was in the process of making a trade with i will probably pm you alll as well.

Sorry to ruin any of your hopes, mine are certainly burnt.

Laughing

vladsimpaler wrote:
I am so tired of the stupid designers of crack, so tired of my faction getting the shaft. The other factions got something good, what about Spain? Nothing. I am so incredibly frustrated. Fire the stupid designers, and get somebody who doesn't spend 3/4ths of their payroll on illegal drugs. They are a bunch of incompetents. Spain has been shafted since day 1. Who was the best? Pirates. Second best? England. Third best? Spain.
You give Spain a cruddy 5 master. You gave them everything that they DIDN'T need. Victor de Alva? What the heck? I'm frustrated at this game. The heck with it. I'll continue playing Pirates, however, with a faction that gets DECENT SUPPORT, NOT CRUD. The crotch kicking that has ensued since day 1 has finally emasculated Spain. I notice that you still talk of stupid declinings. This isn't a history lesson, I haven't forgotten that Spain is declining since the stupid Davy Jones' Curse. In Mysterious Islands, I am reminded again, in FN again, and in OE, AGAIN! I'm tired of it! Might as well start playing Pirates or America. Have a good amount of ships for them, all better than what Spain could only dream of.
Don't say, "Yeah, what about such and such ship that Spain got?" I can rebutt that with a horrible ship. Don't say, "Spain is good if played correctly!" Yeah, every faction is GOOD if played correctly. I've already heard all the stupid moanings from people who don't play Spain and don't know what they've gone through.
If you play Spain, try and convince me. I'm not going to listen to somebody playing France telling me Spain hasn't been shafted, or that they're playable.

Laughing

(Bold added for effect on the next one)

motorcyclematt wrote:
If I want it, I get it.

I'm prepared to pay a significant amount to COMPLETE my collection.

If you want to beat me in this auction, be ready to pay for it.

Good luck

Matt

Laughing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those are my top three right now LOL. What are your favourite quotes and posts from Miniature Trading?
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:15 pm Reply with quote

For some reason this really made me laugh when I saw it earlier today:

woelf wrote:
notalwaysyou wrote:
I feel like this has been answerd before, but I tried searching and couldn't find it, is Calypso's ability mandatory? (Once activated)

There was some discussion about it quite a while back and thematically it kinda makes sense for her to go crazy and do her own thing, but when it comes to gameplay, no, it's not mandatory.

cannonfury wrote:
Soon after, the steady market that we had been experiencing suddenly wildly fluctuated, causing the market in metals to crash. For the next several rounds, some prices skyrocketed and on the very next round plummeted to being almost worthless. This event marked the end of the early game as fleets scrambled to cope with the constantly changing market. I personally enjoyed this time, as never before had I really rethought my course in the middle of a voyage, but this happened several times as islands would suddenly be worth much more for short periods of time.

vladsimpaler wrote:
This ship is easily one of the bigger stains on the underpants of the Pirates faction.

Laughing (Talking about the Orca)
vosarnath
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:07 am Reply with quote

Y'know, vlad was serious when he posted that.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:30 pm Reply with quote

Maybe I shouldn't quote myself, but the nostalgia is too strong.
lord_denton
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 pm Reply with quote

By request of A7xfanben, this thread is hereby unlocked! I also thoroughly enjoy the many soundbites of Miniature Trading. Smile
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:02 am Reply with quote

I miss desoto (also known as desoto_reloaded to some of you)...

desoto_reloaded wrote:
I got booted cause I repeated puma_03's name around 150 times in a row. They sent a warning message via e-mail to remove the stuff, but I didn't check my e-mail in time I guess.

I would remove the spam, but I can't cause desoto ain't here no more.

As far as I know the admin doesn't know. The admin doesn't know. But then again, I don't know either. If we both knew, then the other woudn't know because the knower would have solved the issue. But if the knower didn't solve it, well, then the either I or me would have to sit back and do nothing.

That is all I have to say about the issue.

Wo! Elf!

Amen Brother. Amen!

I looked up the post where it happened (it may have been soon after I got here), but it looks like you can't look up posts by past members. Along with the above comment, here's another post! Laughing

Quote:
I just had to get the spam bug out of my system. Also I realized I would be the only person in the history of MT to spam, so I figured I would go down in history.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:25 pm Reply with quote

strawfoot wrote:
Oh right, and I collect these weird little plastic boats... which oddly enough began when my hooligan brother shoplifted a box of Spanish Main from blockbuster video. He's reformed now and on significantly less drugs but I still have this weird boat habit as a result.

Laughing

What an interesting way to get into Pirates!
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:23 am Reply with quote

Good grief, sounds like I missed all the fun.... Laughing
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:25 am Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
Good grief, sounds like I missed all the fun.... Laughing

What do you mean? (you joined before this thread was created)

I wasn't around for this particular quote, but I happen across some good ones without looking too far on occasion. (That one from the BMT)
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:29 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
What do you mean? (you joined before this thread was created)

I wasn't around for this particular quote, but I happen across some good ones without looking too far on occasion. (That one from the BMT)

Did I really?! Good grief I've lost track of how long I've been a member! Shocked
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:32 am Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:

Did I really?! Good grief I've lost track of how long I've been a member! Shocked

Actually, almost a full year! Smile
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:42 am Reply with quote

To quote Charlie Brown: "GOOD GRIEF!" it feels longer...
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:45 am Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
To quote Charlie Brown: "GOOD GRIEF!" it feels longer...

Shocked Laughing

Well it is, I meant that you joined almost a full year before this thread was created!
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:48 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:

Shocked Laughing

Well it is, I meant that you joined almost a full year before this thread was created!

I ought to get a beagle and name him snoopy, Good Grief.

Now that I think about it, i cant really remember when I did join the site.... Shocked
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:50 am Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:

I ought to get a beagle and name him snoopy, Good Grief.

Now that I think about it, i cant really remember when I did join the site.... Shocked

Trader xerecs

You can also see your information in the forum to the left of your post!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: