main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
The Shipyard is Open! Time to fix the database!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: List upload problem   PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:47 pm Reply with quote

etcmn wrote:
I keep getting an error message when uploading my have/want list. It keeps saying, "Line 407: The miniature number (109) and its name (Poseiden's Breath) do not match. For number 109 the expected name is: poseidon's breath. " I've tried every variant of capitalizing and not capitalizing but it always generates this same error. I have to assume there is an invisible character somewhere and I think it's in the database because I've re-typed the name in my list more than a dozen times and keep getting the exact same error.

Poseidon's Breath (first version) is spelled differently than Poseiden's Breath (UL version) in the database. Looking it up, Poseidon is the correct spelling. I'm not sure if Wizkids messed up the spelling on the card, but I'll change the database entry so they're the same (once it gets approved).
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:51 am Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does the gallery not have the Tribal Chieftain crew?
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:59 pm Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
Is it just me, or does the gallery not have the Tribal Chieftain crew?
They don't have their own listings because they're directly attached to the Native Canoes, and there's no reason for gameplay or trading purposes for them to ever be separated.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Busts in the database completely wrong?   PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:56 am Reply with quote

Looking at SM Limited, it appears the busts are not numbered correctly compared to these other sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_Constructible_Strategy_Game#Other_collectible_elements,_tins_and_other_unusual_releases
http://m.miniaturetrading.com/im/forum/viewtopic/t=3211///

Just wondering if someone who has them or has more knowledge can confirm that the database is... wrong. Confused Currently diving deep into the "master spreadsheet" I'm making that will hopefully be instrumental in replacing the database here assuming MT does indeed go away at some point.

~~~~~
Check out my fansite at Pirates with Ben!
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: Busts in the database completely wrong?   PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:51 pm Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
Looking at SM Limited, it appears the busts are not numbered correctly compared to these other sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_Constructible_Strategy_Game#Other_collectible_elements,_tins_and_other_unusual_releases
http://m.miniaturetrading.com/im/forum/viewtopic/t=3211///

Just wondering if someone who has them or has more knowledge can confirm that the database is... wrong. Confused Currently diving deep into the "master spreadsheet" I'm making that will hopefully be instrumental in replacing the database here assuming MT does indeed go away at some point.

~~~~~
I do have most of the set, but won't be able to confirm the numbers for a month or more because they're in storage back at my parents' house.

In the meantime, if no one else is able to dig theirs out, I'd be more inclined to trust Holofernes' numbers over whoever originally dumped them into the MT database, considering how many other errors have been found in there over the years.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: Busts in the database completely wrong?   PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:56 pm Reply with quote

woelf wrote:
In the meantime, if no one else is able to dig theirs out, I'd be more inclined to trust Holofernes' numbers over whoever originally dumped them into the MT database, considering how many other errors have been found in there over the years.

Indeed, Holofernes told me via our email correspondence that the Wikipedia page is more likely to be accurate than even the MT database.

~~~~~
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: