FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Random Pics
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject: Random Pics   PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:32 pm Reply with quote

Some random pics I took of a few Spanish ships and a couple Cursed ones.

Spaniards in the sun....

The Cursed in the shadows....

The contrast

This one is a little blurry, but I like it, it shows the encroaching darkness, the Cursed are coming....

If anyone else has random pics they'd like to share, feel free to do so. Arrow

Last edited by xerecs on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:27 am Reply with quote

Some pre game pics of the CoE game that will start tomorrow. The blue tape on the ground marks the boundaries of the ocean, which is quite large. The ships aren't at their HI's yet because I don't want to run the risk of accidentally stepping on any of them! Exclamation

Looking from Northwest to Southeast, most of the sea is visible, with the English HI in the foreground.

From the opposite vantage, Northeast to Southwest, The French HI is the string of three islands together in the middle, with the HI of the Cursed and Americans off in the upper to mid left of the frame. The Cursed Hi has a red Sargasso sea near it.

This one is looking more to the east with HI of the Pirates and Spanish visible on the left and upper middle.

A much better view looking from the Southeast to the Northwest. The Spanish HI is off to the right, and the Cursed HI is off on the left, with the American HI just out of sight beyond the Cursed.

A clear shot of the American HI, looking East to West

That's all for the Pre-game, I'm not sure yet where I will post the reports for this, a7 has made a fair point to me, and I don't want to post them here which is where I wanted people to share any pictures they had laying about. I might start a separate thread for this game....

Last edited by xerecs on Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
xeriousone
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:50 am Reply with quote

Is that a 12 foot by 12 foot playing area?
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:11 am Reply with quote

xeriousone wrote:

It's huge! I don't think I've seen an ocean so big for a game, which means you might spend a lot of time traveling back and forth to islands. I'm limited by the space in my room and what I can reach, not to mention that the sheet is too crowded already to put anything on it.

I think you could use more terrain, although I myself haven't seen it become very relevant in my game yet. That's something I might have to change, especially since I want the game to be very dynamic and flexible, unlike my past games.

xerecs wrote:
which is where I wanted people to share any pictures they had laying about

I might be able to dig some up, but right now I'm focused on the Economy game. Also, I think I've already posted most of the pictures I've taken lol. I think the Fleet Review must have set the record for the most Pirates pictures in any post ever (probably on any forum too!). I don't know how many I could find that wouldn't be reposts! Shocked

I originally thought you meant you were doing three combined fleets of two factions each, but now I see you're having each person control two separate fleets, which I like even more! I combined the French and Spanish for various reasons, partly because they didn't have as many new ships as the other factions, though that's been changing lately with the trades I've gotten since the game started heh. Smile

Have fun trying not to play favorites when controlling two fleets at once! I hope they're not close to each other on the ocean! Razz

Last edited by a7xfanben on Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:43 am Reply with quote

Quote:

I don't know, I didn't bother to measure how big it is.
Quote:
It's huge! I don't think I've seen an ocean so big for a game, which means you might spend a lot of time traveling back and forth to islands. I'm limited by the space in my room and what I can reach, not to mention that the sheet is too crowded already to put anything on it.

I think you could use more terrain, although I myself haven't seen it become very relevant in my game yet. That's something I might have to change, especially since I want the game to be very dynamic and flexible, unlike my past games.

Yeah we might spend some time getting to and from islands, but that will put the two navigators at a premium. Very Happy There is terrain, but most of it is clustered around islands, in particular the Cursed HI which has two half rings of Sargasso seas and fog banks around it so that "Attackers will be hampered in getting to my HI". Rolling Eyes Another good portion of terrain is taken up around the four MI's that I am using which are arrayed in a box like formation near the English HI. Most of the play field is empty ocean which allows for us to maneuver around the islands and move our ships without problems. Hopefully.

Quote:
I originally thought you meant you were doing three combined fleets of two factions each, but now I see you're having each person control two separate fleets, which I like even more!

I had originally tohught of doing that, but decided it might be more fun to play all the factions at once. One of the rules for choosing HI's was that you couldnt put one HI close to the HI of your other fleet.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Nostalgia   PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:42 am Reply with quote

Today I opened my first pack of Spanish Main in about a decade, 10 years since the game came out and I got into it! It was a funny feeling, since I've completed the main set and knew I wouldn't be getting anything new. However, it was still worth it for the feelings and memories.

There's something about SM. Maybe because it was the first set I knew, or because it's one of the most realistic sets. I love the parchment/sail coloured background. I love the simplicity of only having 6 ship designs. I love how the Complete Game rules say every rule is a "New Rule!". It reminds me of the Base set from Pokemon (which I don't care about anymore but is still nostalgic as well); every game's first set is special in its own way.

I got a whiff of the pack, and it brought back memories. It just smells like SM. Cool

I also took care to notice a few things. The Sea Nymph's deckplate has a silver uncommon corner, but the other two cards for the ship have SM-only bronze corners. Also, the Sea Nymph has cannon ranks printed on both sides of the mast, but the Meresman only has them on one side.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:38 pm Reply with quote

A box that normally takes up a spot in the very farthest bottom corner of my treasure chest, today it saw the light again:

I used to put the masts and pennants in backwards. You can see my first English ships: HMS Lord Walpole and HMS Birkenhead, as well as my first five master (La Magnifique) and my favourite ship in the game, HMS Lord Algernon. The Baochuan and Shui Xian loom in the distance.

a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: A dark age begins...   PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:55 am Reply with quote

The victors of Economy Edition, some of the surviving Pirate ships fire a final salute in honour of their fallen comrades. With heavy hearts, they limp into the darkness. Sad
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:49 am Reply with quote

New islands from rossinaz!

For even more of his designs check out the facebook page!

Soon to be used in games:

The biggest one is rather epic:

I've always wanted some rocks that appear dangerous but allow smaller ships to traverse the shallow waters in between.

This one has a bunch of nice flat areas (maybe a fort? Idea ), in addition to a bunch of small waterfalls!

What better way to complement the beautiful islands than with a beautiful French fleet?

I've always liked the Tepant - for her looks and value for points.

That big island with all the peaks even has caves! The lower one gives a glimpse of the Tepant's opened gunports:

Watch out!

The upper cave:

The French sail out, but they'll be back.
rossinaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:51 am Reply with quote

Hey a7xfanben!

So happy that you like the islands! They look great with your French fleet sailing around them. Thanks for the link to the facebook page with the islands on it. Hopefully others like them as well and will want some for their own games.

I can't wait to see some of them in future battles!

Take care!

Rossinaz
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote

Almost none of this is for me...
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:36 am Reply with quote

Oh my goodness, I have such envy for whoever gets those, especially the MI and RV packs. These are for the sealed pack game you're planning right?
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:16 am Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
Oh my goodness, I have such envy for whoever gets those, especially the MI and RV packs.

You may know this already, but the MI packs are MI Convention packs (with the Locker and Pyre) rather than regular packs, so they're not as exciting as real packs (although it will be cool for everybody to have submarines, especially if I reintroduce the lagoon Twisted Evil Shocked ).

Quote:
These are for the sealed pack game you're planning right?

Some of them will go towards Sealed Pack game(s), but they're all to be given away. I've stashed a few away for myself (one from each set, now at 7) if I ever want to get the feeling again (plus I could have a real "Admiral's Pack" or whatever it was supposed to be called).

There may be multiple sealed pack games, but no guarantees. If there's only one (unlikely), each player will get either 3/4 packs each (not half of the picture lol).

The boxes at the left are duplicates I've acquired to boost their collections and possibly play favourites with factions if certain players want more French ships, for example.
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:26 am Reply with quote

Really? I thought I spied some regular packs in there too.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:50 am Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
Really? I thought I spied some regular packs in there too.

I wish. I got 36 packs of MI for around $20-$27 back in early 2011 before I joined this site, but since then I haven't really seen anything close in terms of deals for MI. I think dacardworld was having clearance to get rid of the last of their Pirates CSG stock.

Basically, the top row is ROTF, FN, RV, and 2 packs of BC. The rest on down is OE, DJC, SM, and MI Convention packs.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: