FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
VASSAL module
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirateaj14
Expert
Expert

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:46 pm Reply with quote

I am in agreement with these rules. I usually play my games with the second rule.
wantkrakens

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:34 pm Reply with quote

pirateaj14 wrote:
I am in agreement with these rules. I usually play my games with the second rule.

Great!

I look forward to seeing you there
xerecs

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:44 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:

I'm thinking 50 point build total. How about Saturday 1/27 at 3pm EST?

I'd like to get in on this, but I've got a basketball game at noon..... I'm assuming asking for a later time might be problematic?
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:58 am Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
a7xfanben wrote:

I'm thinking 50 point build total. How about Saturday 1/27 at 3pm EST?

I'd like to get in on this, but I've got a basketball game at noon..... I'm assuming asking for a later time might be problematic?

That may or may not work for me, but with less than 24 hours to go and 3 other people involved, it would likely be difficult.
wantkrakens

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:14 am Reply with quote

That works for us. Just confirm the time
xerecs

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:15 am Reply with quote

I can make 1:30 PST, or thereabouts, and I'd be good until 5:30 PST. In EST I think that's 4:30-8:30. Is that amenable to everyone?
pirateaj14
Expert
Expert

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:19 pm Reply with quote

Yep that's fine with me.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:22 pm Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
I can make 1:30 PST, or thereabouts, and I'd be good until 5:30 PST. In EST I think that's 4:30-8:30. Is that amenable to everyone?

Alright! 4:30 EST it is. I will need to leave by 7pm so hopefully we can get things rolling quickly. I know some people have made fleets already, and I can try to have a file ready and started before 4:30 hits. Looking forward to a 5 player game! Smile
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:33 pm Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
a7xfanben wrote:
xerecs wrote:
Ahh, I see you used a custom. I hadnt thought of that, this could be a fantastic way to 'Playtest' custom pieces. I will have to look into this now.

Idea Yes, great point! I didn't know you could do that. Very Happy

Thanks el_cazador! I'll look into things more tomorrow; I'm getting excited about this. Very Happy

Edit: Also, @xerecs, I assume you saw the part I put in quotes from the original thread about campaign games? Maybe we could figure out how to do an Economy style game! If it's all virtual, we could simply play an hour or two a week for years on end! Shocked Twisted Evil Very Happy

Indeed we could, no horrible accidents possible. It would be something all right, especially if we get it to be a six player event. Can you imagine a six player economy game? Shocked Very Happy

Shocked Shocked Wow! Shocked I didn't realize until looking back at the first page of this thread that Xerecs foreshadowed VASSAL CG3 a full two years in advance! Shocked Very Happy
xerecs

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:55 pm Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
Shocked Shocked Wow! Shocked I didn't realize until looking back at the first page of this thread that Xerecs foreshadowed VASSAL CG3 a full two years in advance! Shocked Very Happy

Heh, how about that?
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:22 pm Reply with quote

An update on my future playing habits for this year and likely beyond.

Due to various factors involved, I will likely be playing less "regular" or smaller games on the VASSAL module going forward. Playing random (not related to CG's or tournament play) games of Pirates CSG has affected my long-term goals in a somewhat negative way, and now I've gotten to the point where I would MUCH prefer campaign-style games. In addition, VASSAL Tournaments 1 and 2 have likely exhausted Xerecs and I on the "standard" 40 point format for quite some time. Since starting T1 in September 2016, the two tournaments combined for 76 regular 40 point games (23 for T1 and 53 for T2). We just finished up the 16 fleet game, which according to my youtube videos took about 14 hours to complete. Shocked It's not that I'll never play 40 point games on VASSAL again, but you can understand my desire to do something else for a while (such as giant campaign games that take months to finish, such as CG1/2/3).

Unfortunately 2017 was a worse year than 2016 for VASSAL because quite frankly there were more no-shows and last-second cancels than ever before. The number of people I can trust to not waste my time has dwindled, so I have to pick and choose what I do rather than just accept any game or request from any potential player. Not trying to be mean, just stating the facts of what I've experienced and explaining why I may not be as excited for random 40 point games throughout the year.

Also affecting this is my long-term Pirates CSG plans specifically with VASSAL. Xerecs and I have a big project we're working on that will take a lot of time just to get it going, if it can even work out. He also has his own project that he's hinted at. Beyond that I would like to edit the module again since the 10 master is still the only ship type I have added. However, this may not happen anytime soon because the stuff NOT in the module is the stuff I don't like as much since it's not as historical. (aka sea creatures, Pokeships, and whatnot)

Please still reach out to me about playing smaller games if you'd like, because it is very hard for me to turn a game down. Laughing Just a heads up that for once I will likely not be the one initiating it.
cursedfan99

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:14 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:

Due to various factors involved, I will likely be playing less "regular" or smaller games on the VASSAL module going forward. Playing random (not related to CG's or tournament play) games of Pirates CSG has affected my long-term goals in a somewhat negative way, and now I've gotten to the point where I would MUCH prefer campaign-style games. In addition, VASSAL Tournaments 1 and 2 have likely exhausted Xerecs and I on the "standard" 40 point format for quite some time. Since starting T1 in September 2016, the two tournaments combined for 76 regular 40 point games (23 for T1 and 53 for T2). We just finished up the 16 fleet game, which according to my youtube videos took about 14 hours to complete. Shocked It's not that I'll never play 40 point games on VASSAL again, but you can understand my desire to do something else for a while (such as giant campaign games that take months to finish, such as CG1/2/3).

Unfortunately 2017 was a worse year than 2016 for VASSAL because quite frankly there were more no-shows and last-second cancels than ever before. The number of people I can trust to not waste my time has dwindled, so I have to pick and choose what I do rather than just accept any game or request from any potential player. Not trying to be mean, just stating the facts of what I've experienced and explaining why I may not be as excited for random 40 point games throughout the year.

Also affecting this is my long-term Pirates CSG plans specifically with VASSAL. Xerecs and I have a big project we're working on that will take a lot of time just to get it going, if it can even work out. He also has his own project that he's hinted at. Beyond that I would like to edit the module again since the 10 master is still the only ship type I have added. However, this may not happen anytime soon because the stuff NOT in the module is the stuff I don't like as much since it's not as historical. (aka sea creatures, Pokeships, and whatnot)

Please still reach out to me about playing smaller games if you'd like, because it is very hard for me to turn a game down. Laughing Just a heads up that for once I will likely not be the one initiating it.

That’s a shame man! Hopefully things pick up for you in VASSAL this year. At least we got to play that great RotF anniversary game!
wantkrakens

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:

Yeah that's awful.

I've got a bunch of old friends who I will be teaching VASSAL to in the next few weeks. Try not to bother us if we are on at the same time.

Or you could join us.

Your move
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:58 am Reply with quote

cursedfan99 wrote:
That’s a shame man!

Yes it's a shame that VASSAL arguably regressed a bit in 2017 compared to 2016 due to other people not holding up their ends of things.

Quote:
Hopefully things pick up for you in VASSAL this year. At least we got to play that great RotF anniversary game!

If you define "great" as one player apparently doing a "rage quit" and various rules being messed up/ignored, sure. It says a lot when a7xfanben doesn't finish a battle report for a game, something that's likely only happened less than 5 times since I began writing reports in 2011.

wantkrakens wrote:
Yeah that's awful.

I've got a bunch of old friends who I will be teaching VASSAL to in the next few weeks. Try not to bother us if we are on at the same time.

Or you could join us.

Your move

You play a completely different game than I do, so I won't be joining you.
wantkrakens

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:03 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
cursedfan99 wrote:
That’s a shame man!

Yes it's a shame that VASSAL arguably regressed a bit in 2017 compared to 2016 due to other people not holding up their ends of things.

Quote:
Hopefully things pick up for you in VASSAL this year. At least we got to play that great RotF anniversary game!

If you define "great" as one player apparently doing a "rage quit" and various rules being messed up/ignored, sure. It says a lot when a7xfanben doesn't finish a battle report for a game, something that's likely only happened less than 5 times since I began writing reports in 2011.

wantkrakens wrote:
Yeah that's awful.

Or you could join us.

Your move

You play a completely different game than I do, so I won't be joining you.

It is definitely a shame that you had to rage quit. I believe you left the game about an hour before me? Maybe longer..

It says you gave up. The BR is one I'm still looking forward to, sir.

I guess an eight player VASSAL game is more than you could handle, shame. Especially considering you can control eight fleets at once. Although looking back I see you couldn't really even handle a five player game.

*rolls a six*
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: