main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Found an old gem

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Disney Collector Packs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiger_lily1

Subject: Found an old gem   PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:30 pm Reply with quote

So my fiance and I went to Downtown Disney (Now called Disney Springs), to the store Once Upon a Toy, to trade out some of our old miniatures from series 6,7,9,12,13,14,16. Well since this is always our first stop for miniature hunting when we come to Disney, I wasn't expecting much. However we found a SERIES 1 DONALD DUCK in the trader box!!! I flipped out and immediately grabbed him since he's going for about $20 on Ebay. I was sooo excited!!!so that just goes to show you have to ALWAYS keep an eye out. Smile
sazzlynn

Canceled user

Subject: Congrats on finding Donald!   PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:43 pm Reply with quote

I found 2 Pirates from series 8 last time I was there. I always check the trading box.
devilwbluedress

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:32 am Reply with quote

I have found several Series 3 figures there! Remember that you can also trade at the Emporium on Main Street. Always go during a slow time so you aren't hogging a register!
tiger_lily1

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:20 am Reply with quote

devilwbluedress wrote:
I have found several Series 3 figures there! Remember that you can also trade at the Emporium on Main Street. Always go during a slow time so you aren't hogging a register!

Funny thing is, when we first started, we heard that you could go to Emporium in Magic Kingdom like you had mentioned. When we heard that we went within a couple hours (already there at a different park when we read through information on other sites) and they said they no longer do the trade boxes there. It can only be done at Disney Springs. I was definitely frustrated since we had to ask numerous cast members and some didn't even know what we were even referring to. We were there about a week ago and they still don't do them at the Emporium. Not unless we were asking the wrong people.
devilwbluedress

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:48 am Reply with quote

You have to know which castmember to ask. Most of the "Earning My Ears" or Shanghai trainees do not know about them.

Also, by asking to trade during very slow times will increase your chances of being able to trade. If they do not know about them, they will have a chance to go backstage to find out!

The counter where the magic bands are is where I always go... as they keep the box backstage.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Disney Collector Packs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: