main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
The World Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:46 pm Reply with quote

For anyone that reads this, I wish I had a good update on the World game for you. Unfortunately I don't.

Things have actually gotten worse. Originally Xerecs' computer was having trouble with the game file. That is still the case. However, now my computer is having major difficulty with it as well, despite having created the game on the same device and having the file work well back in August. I even did a system restore and deleted unnecessary files, but at this point the game doesn't work on either of our computers. It's also unlikely that either of us will get a significant computer upgrade in the short term (assuming a better and faster computer would help of course). I also tried another idea with making the map work - uploading chunks of the ocean as snapshots of the existing ocean, rather than uploading the territories themselves. However, this makes the pictures an even larger file size than just the territories by themselves, and would likely increase the total data within the module. This all means that until further notice:

The World Game is now on "permanent" hiatus.

With no solutions in sight, the World game could be delayed for a long time, which could mean multiple years. The good thing is that the World game is a lifelong adventure, so starting it later than anticipated doesn't affect how grand the game will eventually get.

In addition, Xerecs and I have already begun planning something to "replace" the World game. We will reveal our plans when the time is right, and that game will not start until Tournament #2 is completed.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: