main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Which review will win Miniature Review of the Month?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which review is the best?
Janissaries' Blood: Hating Europeans for 700 years
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Navigator: Cursing at the curse of The Cursed's slow speed? No more!
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Grim Reaper: Looks grim, but is she really? (MRC1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Harlequin: Surely, you jest...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Carbon Charlie: Firepower comes with a price
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Which review will win Miniature Review of the Month?   PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:24 pm Reply with quote

Let's get some more votes and comments on the reviews!

Here are the entrants:

Janissaries' Blood
Hating Europeans for 700 years

Navigator
Cursing at the curse of The Cursed's slow speed? No more!

Grim Reaper
Looks grim, but is she really? (MRC1)

Harlequin
Surely, you jest...

Carbon Charlie
Firepower comes with a price

Thanks to all for entering the contest, and good luck. 5 entries is a solid start considering the doldrums the review section has experienced.

The poll is set to run for 5 days, so we can finish this up and get the new review contest started (which can be run by the winner of this one, with their own criteria/etc).
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:07 am Reply with quote

OK let's get some votes people, especially if you participated in the contest! Exclamation
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quote

Pretty pathetic vote turnout. Rolling Eyes

~~~~~

As the host of the contest, I declare lord_denton the winner of the first modern Miniature Review Contest! Very Happy

Here's the stellar review if you haven't seen it. I thought lord_denton's review was the most well-thought-out, comprehensive, and engaging. Xerecs' review was a close second.
Navigator
Cursing at the curse of The Cursed's slow speed? No more!

lord_denton has the right to host the next MR Contest, or pass the duties off to someone else if he needs to. I'll work on the prize.
lord_denton
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Awww, you guys... I'm so honored. Embarassed Especially since I didn't vote. Embarassed

Are we sure we don't want to try running the poll again? Not to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the poll, but... to be honest... I haven't even read the other reviews in the challenge yet. Embarassed And maybe I'm not the only one, since we only had two votes... Not counting A7xfanben's tiebreaker vote.

Otherwise, we will proceed. Do we like having an overlap with the fleet challenge, or should we wait until the fleet challenge ends and then fill the gap during the judging/transition to the next fleet challenge periods?
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:16 pm Reply with quote

lord_denton wrote:
Awww, you guys... I'm so honored. Embarassed Especially since I didn't vote. Embarassed

Are we sure we don't want to try running the poll again? Not to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the poll, but... to be honest... I haven't even read the other reviews in the challenge yet. Embarassed And maybe I'm not the only one, since we only had two votes... Not counting A7xfanben's tiebreaker vote.

I've actually thought about disqualifying entrants to my challenges if they don't vote or comment on the other fleets or reviews that are part of the challenge, but if I did that, the challenges would get even less participation.

The submission deadline was a full 2 weeks ago, so there's been time to check out the reviews - there were 5 of them and yours was the only really long one.

Quote:
Otherwise, we will proceed. Do we like having an overlap with the fleet challenge, or should we wait until the fleet challenge ends and then fill the gap during the judging/transition to the next fleet challenge periods?

I'm completely fine with having overlap (not sure about others), but since you're in charge of running the next MR contest, it's your decision. Smile

I didn't want the contest to get too lengthy, as my original idea was to have an MR contest each month. If you wanted to continue/start that cycle (since I got the idea after July started heh), waiting until September 1st might work better anyway.
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote

Hey LD, where are we with this? Did you pass the torch to someone else or have you been busy? As of my writing there is no active fleet challenge, and we're into September, do we want to try another review of the month contest?
lord_denton
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:43 pm Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay. I've been very busy. I do have a very good idea though, and I have been working on it. I hope it'll be posted soon.

If you're looking for something to do while you wait for me, there are many reviews and armies that could use feedback, and we now have the next fleet challenge, too.
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:47 am Reply with quote

I most likely will be occupied with the FC and VASSAL tournament, but I will see if I can take a look at the armies and review section.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:20 pm Reply with quote

lord_denton wrote:
Sorry for the delay. I've been very busy. I do have a very good idea though, and I have been working on it. I hope it'll be posted soon.

I was worried about declaring lord_denton the winner, but I simply wanted the best review to win. I didn't want to award the title to someone else just because of doubts on LD's availability to create another contest. Unfortunately this fear has been realized.

That being said, I PM'd him about the next contest almost 3 weeks ago. If he doesn't return by around Thanksgiving, perhaps xerecs (the runner up) can host a contest in the meantime until he gets around to it.
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:40 am Reply with quote

So we have until Thanksgiving, then we post a new challenge if Denton does not show?
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:45 am Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
So we have until Thanksgiving, then we post a new challenge if Denton does not show?

I think that's reasonable, it's already been 2 months since the contest ended.

Also, it's been nearly 2 months since he thought he would post it "soon"... it's certainly a vague term, but in this case I think a month (preferably 2 weeks or less) would have been reasonable....

PS/@All: My PM's to lord_denton don't seem to do the trick; perhaps if other people got his attention more often he would actually respond? Wink (he may just be sick of seeing my PM's, not that I pester him a lot or anything lol, but I assume most of you don't message him about stuff)
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
xerecs wrote:

I think that's reasonable, it's already been 2 months since the contest ended.

Also, it's been nearly 2 months since he thought he would post it "soon"... it's certainly a vague term, but in this case I think a month (preferably 2 weeks or less) would have been reasonable....

PS/@All: My PM's to lord_denton don't seem to do the trick; perhaps if other people got his attention more often he would actually respond? Wink (he may just be sick of seeing my PM's, not that I pester him a lot or anything lol, but I assume most of you don't message him about stuff)

Correct, I think I PM'd LD once, about nto being able to get into the site. Ok we'll give LD another 2 weeks after that, all bets are of..... XD
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:52 am Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
Correct, I think I PM'd LD once, about nto being able to get into the site. Ok we'll give LD another 2 weeks after that, all bets are of..... XD

...OK I just sent my third message about the MR contest since October 10th. It was basically the same as the previous message, but this way he can't say that we didn't tell him about it, like the fleet challenge.

Feel free to wait a few more days if you want (especially if you want a Christmas/holiday contest, or a contest running from exactly 12/1-12/31), but at this point the contest shifts to Xerecs due to LD's inactivity.
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:07 am Reply with quote

Under the assumption that Denton does not re-appear to set up a new contest, everyone who participated would be okay with me running a MRC?
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:13 am Reply with quote

Some pretty seriously interesting write-ups there. I'm going to dig further into the possibilities for Carbon Charlie.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: