bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
The *NEW* "List your Mismatched/Spare Parts HERE"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lord_denton
Guru
Guru

Subject: The *NEW* "List your Mismatched/Spare Parts HERE"   PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote

Hello all,

This is a restart of the old stickied thread. I'll repost the introduction from that thread here, since it was so phenomenal. Wink Very Happy

cpt_dauntless wrote:
Wink

Here Ye, Hear ye !!!! !!!
List ye mismatched plates, or spare parts from ye broken, wrecked, retired ships here.
The idea being that Ye may be able to pick through the wreckage in 'opes of finding that.... RotF left side number thirty two hull piece that you snapped into two last Sunday; or the Tall mast of the Sea Nymph that miraculously flung itself into outer space....
Email the ye colleague to see if gift or trade be the means of acquiring said parts...
If ye be agreein', the owner then be willin' to graciously drop it into the mail to ye so that yer ship may once again sail the high seas.

Exclamation Idea

Ye might be wonderin' how this all came about. Fer those interested ye can be readin the story below.

The story Of Captain Davey Jones’ Ship Parts Emporium. AKA The Bone Yard.

You don’t know it, but he stands over your shoulder, as you open a booster pack and find a mismatched deck plate. He billows laughter when you break a mast assembling your favorite junk. You return from a game and discover a missing flag, mast, card, the list goes on. There is one constant in each of these stories of loss and woe; Davey Jones. “One more for the grave yard, one more claimed by the sea for Davey Jones.”, he thinks, smiling in a way a mortician smiles who likes his job a little too much. Unchallenged, unstoppable, he collects our dreams of the sea and sends them into the reefs to list and die; a monument to his ego. He leaves us with the remains of once great ships. “Why?” The unanswered question…
Luckily I caught up with Davey recently at the local Starbucks and took the opportunity to get to the bottom of all these ship shenanigans. Below I have transcribed our conversation.
Cpt_Dauntless (CD): “Excuse me, Mr. Jones?”
Davey Jones (DJ): “Shove off ya scurvy dog! I’m not signing any autographs today!”
CD: “Actually, I was hoping to ask you some questions concerning ship wrecks.”
DJ: “Shipwrecks! Well, why didn’t ye say so! There ain’t a talkin’ I likes more than a takin’ ‘bout shipwrecks, but don’t be callin’ me Mr. Jones! People might start thinkin’ I’m that has been singer from the Barrel of Monkeys!”
CD: “Umm you mean The Monkeys…”
DJ: “Don’t be correctin’ ME swab! Call me Cap’in Jones lest you want ta be servin’ on the Dutchman!”
CD: “Aye, aye Captain Jones.”
DJ: “Tha be the sound I be wantin’ to here! Rest your carcass an let’s get about the business of shipwrecks!”

We settled in at a discreet table and as Captain Jones sipped his grande, no-fat, sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce Latte, (no whip), I tried to think how to go about asking the question we all have, “Why me…”

DJ: “So, wha’ be it ye wanna be knowin’? Ye must be wantin’ ta ‘ear ‘bout me last conquest on the I seas! Oh! Wha’ a beauty tha’ one was! Twas a clear day with no storms in sight…”
CD: “Umm, excuse me, Captain Jones?”
DJ: “Wha’ I tell ye ‘bout interuptin’ me boy! By the four winds o’ the high seas I swear on me self if’in ye do tha’ agin I’ll be hoisting ye up a yard arm!”
CD: “My apologies Sir, I just wanted to ask a question”
DJ: “Arrr, apology ‘cepted, but tha’ twas me las’ warnin’ “
CD: “The question I wanted to ask Sir was, Why….?”
DJ: “Why? Why what? Spit it out!”
CD: “Why are we opening our booster packs and finding incomplete plates? Why are we breaking our ships during assembly and dis-assembly, how are parts disappearing…”
DJ: “Trim yer sails boy! Yer talkin’ faster n’ tha’ Gaspar Zuan feller tryin’ to gather crew! I ear yer questions, but ye won’t be likin’ me answer.”
CD: “I’d like to know, Sir, regardless of whether I like the answer or not.”
DJ: “Arrr, ‘ave yer answer ye will then.”

I braced myself for the horror that was sure to follow; certain I would be awoken by nightmares from this day forward.

DJ: “’Ears th’ truth matey, I ain’t got nothin’ ta do with yer lost pieces, and broken ship parts. Aye, it gives me a tickle ta see it all ‘appenin’, but ye can’ be blamin’ me fer yer loss.”
CD: “But you’re Davey Jones!”
DJ: “Cap’in Davey Jones! I swear boy one more time an I’ll be sending ye ta see Bootstrap Bill. Aye, I be Cap’in Davey Jones, but I got nuttin ta do wi’ it. It be yer bumblin’ fingers that be brakin’ yer ships, and them darn blasted machines the likes of Nemo’s creations at Wizkids that be matchin’ up th’ wrong cards. Aye, were it me there’d be more flash! More pizzazz! Some thunder, an’ maybe a Kraken!”

I sat looking dejected. I had expected something more, something beyond the obvious, and something beyond human error.

DJ: “Cheer up laddie, truth be known, I wish it twir me. But, with the blasted EPA on me back ‘bout clutterin up the sea bottom I can’t afford ta be messin’ wit’ tings beyond tha which sails th’sea.”
CD: “Thank you, Captain Jones, I appreciate your time.”
DJ: “Time? Time be a ting fer mortal men, I be Cap’in Davey Jones! Time be nottin’ ta me. A! Coffee jerk, bring me anodder grande, no-fat, sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce Latte, an ‘member, no whip!
CJ: “Sir, my official title is professional Barista, not Coffee Jerk!
DJ: “Don’t be correctin’ ME scallywag! I be Cap’in Davey Jones…”

I took advantage of the distraction and left the Starbucks. For all my searching, I was feeling lost in having found the truth. Then I thought about Captain Jones’ problem with the EPA. I had a solution. One that would allow our ships to sail again.

Over time I've ended up with a handful of "spare parts". Sometimes I would build “Frankenstein ships” (Spanish masts with French deck, American left hull, cursed right hull, Pirate flag) but still they remained useless hulls unsuitable for play or trade. What we needed was a graveyard for such ships. A place where they could come together and rest in hopes of sailing once again. In honor of the esteemed ship wrecker himself, I have decided to name it Captain Davey Jones’ Ship Parts Emporium. AKA The Bone Yard

Thanks Captain Jones!

CJ: “Arrrr! Tis a good tax write-off for me in th’ commin’ yar! An, it might ge’ th’ blasted Green Peace fellers off me case. Tis me pleasure!

Also, here is a compilation of the older, previous threads. The information may (probably) be out of date, but if you're desperate for a certain piece, it's worth a shot with these people. It's all about getting people to come together! Very Happy

http://www.miniaturetrading.com/im/forum/viewtopic/t=4247///

http://www.miniaturetrading.com/im/forum/viewtopic/t=5687

http://www.miniaturetrading.com/im/forum/viewtopic/t=5871

So, have at it! Very Happy
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:02 pm Reply with quote

I have spare deckplates of the Belle Etoile, L'Eroica, and the Straw Man.
captain_vendari
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote

I have USS Atlanta 1/2 with L'Auguste 2/2 from Pirates at Ocean's Edge.
nematode66

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:07 am Reply with quote

I have two mint and unpunched Lusca deckplates. They are Ocean's Edge number 046. If anyone has an extra set of tentacles (from any squid) or needs a deckplate, let me know.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:48 am Reply with quote

Okay, just got a relatively random lot from eBay, here is the stuff that wasn't complete:
-Philadelphia (UL082) deckplate missing everything but the ship's flag.
-Hades' Flame (UL006) card 1/2 with everything unpunched and included.
-Santa Lucia (201 from SCS) with everything unpunched except for the ship's lone mast-really wonder what happened to it Rolling Eyes Laughing .
-Diamond Strike (028) card 1/3 with everything unpunched and included.
-Black Pearl (025) card 3/3 with everything unpunched and included.

If you have a match with any of these, let me know!
piratepickle
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:27 pm Reply with quote

Here's what I have:

F&S 003 HMS Apollo Cards 2/3 and 3/3
PotCC 053 La Trinidad Card 1/2
2x PotSM PS-025 Bonny Kate Card 1/2
lord_denton
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote

Unlocked!
lord_denton
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote

Unlocking...
lord_denton
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Unlock! It is hard to believe that I last unlocked this in February and that I unlocked it last October. Funny how time passes...
selvaxri
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote

I got a pack of Crimson Coast had cards 1 and 2 of La Possession and card 2 of Duke ...

I also got a Bloody Throne in a recent ebay lot, i got the entire ship- but sadly, the masts snapped at the base and it only came withe the name card- which somehow got bent.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote

selvaxri wrote:
I got a pack of Crimson Coast had cards 1 and 2 of La Possession and card 2 of Duke ...

You got the wrong cards from a sealed pack? Shocked

Never heard of that one.
lord_denton
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:12 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
selvaxri wrote:

Never heard of that one.

Surely you jest, A7? It wasn't a huge deal but it happened frequently. My first mispacked pack was a Pioneer without the deckplate.

Wizkids Support, when they were still supported by Wizkids (I think they might've fizzled towards the end?), was very helpful at atoning for the errors.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote

lord_denton wrote:
Surely you jest, A7? It wasn't a huge deal but it happened frequently.

Question

No, I'm not kidding. I've opened probably over 120 packs and never had anything actually missing. The only stuff missing from my collection is from eBay lots that other people sold. I assumed they had lost or thrown out what was missing, but maybe not!

lord_denton wrote:
Wizkids Support, when they were still supported by Wizkids (I think they might've fizzled towards the end?), was very helpful at atoning for the errors.

You mean they sent you the missing cards?
selvaxri
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:44 am Reply with quote

I recently bought a lot of Mysterious Islands ships off ebay, and divvying up what goes into my collection, what a friend is getting, and what goes back on ebay- i found out i got two L'Espadon nameplates, and not the rest of the ship in either case.
submariner96

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
selvaxri wrote:

Never heard of that one.

I recently bought a pack of revolution, pulled Le superbe but it had the 3/3 of bonhomme richards instead of it's own hull plates so it does happen from sealed packs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: