main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Free the King fleet challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
volt
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote

lol, this is too good. The Sister's Rage and Treasure were also on my list lol. I might still use the Rage though, since I was going to go a different route with her.

However, neither of you used the Pirate Lord I was going to feature, so this is too good. I might have to repeat Cat or Angel though, but I am going to try not to.

I do have a question.... is the Allied fleet actually surrounding the fort island?

I'll try to have something soon way before the deadline since it appears no one else will enter, but no promises lol
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:40 pm Reply with quote

Volt wrote:
I do have a question.... is the Allied fleet actually surrounding the fort island?

Yes and no. They start out around the fort island, but they wont stay there. They'll do their best to sink your ships or ship, so they'll come after you.
Think of it as them being the first line of defense, with the Fort as the last line of defense.
volt
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote

sooo... gotta ask, I am assuming events are not allowed, right?
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:32 pm Reply with quote

volt wrote:
sooo... gotta ask, I am assuming events are not allowed, right?

Hmm, I think I specified that in the initial post, but in case I didn't, no. No events are allowed.
volt
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:10 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:32 am Reply with quote

Must a ship load Mysion aboard, or is simply exploring the island enough??
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:02 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:

Hmmm. If the fort is destroyed it should be enough just to dock there, since loading a crew from an island is a freebie, unless I'm mistaken. So in answer to your question, Mysion has to wind up on a Pirate ship to win the challenge. Whether he gets there after all the enemy ships are destroyed, or if you win a board against the Fort.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Hooray for Captain Jack   PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:29 am Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
a7xfanben wrote:

Hmmm. If the fort is destroyed it should be enough just to dock there, since loading a crew from an island is a freebie, unless I'm mistaken. So in answer to your question, Mysion has to wind up on a Pirate ship to win the challenge. Whether he gets there after all the enemy ships are destroyed, or if you win a board against the Fort.

xerecs wrote:
Mysion is being held in a hostile fort, to rescue him, you must either win a board against the fort, or destroy the fort and explore the island.

I thought both of those were automatic endgame conditions - nothing happens afterwards as the scenario is over and the game won (regardless of flavor implications heh).

I had Ragetti in my fleet partly for flavor reasons and partly because I thought we had to actually explore it as it says in the initial post. Also, you don't have to sink the entire allied fleet before destroying the fort and loading Mysion, right? I got the feeling that destroying the fort as quickly as possible without destroying the allied fleet would be much more preferable. Destroying the enemy ships could potentially have nothing to do with the end goal. (such as an S-boarding Zeus with Emperor Blackheart)

Of course, part of this is happening because you wouldn't normally board a fort... I mean what would happen then? Normally it seems as though you would take some gold, unless of course one of your favorite pirates was being held hostage there. I might have to change my fleet a bit.

xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:12 am Reply with quote

Uh-oh, seems I goofed. Embarassed

To try and clear it up:
If you win the board against the fort, without destroying it, Mysion will be 'rescued' and will go onto the winning ship, immediately ending the game in favor of the pirates.
If you destroy the fort, you must dock there to load Mysion onto your ship, which according to the main post, will require an explore action.

a7xfanben wrote:
Also, you don't have to sink the entire allied fleet before destroying the fort and loading Mysion, right? I got the feeling that destroying the fort as quickly as possible without destroying the allied fleet would be much more preferable. Destroying the enemy ships could potentially have nothing to do with the end goal.

This is true. You do not have to destroy all of the allied fleet before tackling the fort. But since the allied ships will be trying to stop you from getting to the fort, you may want to hinder or damage the ships as much as possible before going on to the fort, since a fort without support can be easily shredded.
volt
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:37 pm Reply with quote

Not that I expect anyone else to enter, but tomorrow this ends!
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:29 am Reply with quote

Correct, tomorrow is the grand reveal day. Applications will not be accepted after tomorrow, so if anyone wants to jump in at the last minute, do so now.
morgull

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:00 am Reply with quote

I would like to play this but my english is so bad to write a good intro to my fleet Rolling Eyes
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote

morgull wrote:
I would like to play this but my english is so bad to write a good intro to my fleet Rolling Eyes

Don't let the language hold you back. I believe you have until midnight pacific time to enter a fleet, if you so desire to.

For a fleet intro, a simple explanation of what ship will do what will suffice.
morgull

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:05 am Reply with quote

Ok so this is my humble fleet to the challenge Rolling Eyes

Litle ones of Calico
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:16 am Reply with quote

The challenge is now closed, no more fleets may be submitted. I will get to judging and evaluating them as soon as I can, and I should have reached a decision by next Saturday/Sunday.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: