main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Miniature Review Contest #4
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
volt
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:36 pm Reply with quote

I am back from my trip... I will try to get my review up tonight, latest tomorrow. If its not up by Wed 8 AM est go ahead and judge based on what was submitted.
volt
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:05 am Reply with quote

so feel free to judge without my entry. My lack of time and ocd on these things means its not going to get done before the weekend, sorry = I will still post it after the fact, don't worry =)
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:07 am Reply with quote

If I may, I'm going to post my recent Yggdrasil review. I don't know if it can count as an entry, given the fact that I already posted another review here, but it does fit the criteria of entry. Up to Ben if it's okay to submit in tandem or if this one is only worthy of a little Gold Star sticker as a participation award Razz
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:12 am Reply with quote

godmason wrote:
If I may, I'm going to post my recent Yggdrasil review. I don't know if it can count as an entry, given the fact that I already posted another review here, but it does fit the criteria of entry. Up to Ben if it's okay to submit in tandem or if this one is only worthy of a little Gold Star sticker as a participation award Razz

I didn't even think of someone submitting more than one review (similar to some past fleet challenges), but I'll just review both (pun intended) and pick which one I like more to be your "representative" if you will. Smile Happy to see you so active here! I'll look at the review and post in the DJC Rankings thread tomorrow.
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:54 pm Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
I didn't even think of someone submitting more than one review (similar to some past fleet challenges), but I'll just review both (pun intended) and pick which one I like more to be your "representative" if you will. Smile Happy to see you so active here! I'll look at the review and post in the DJC Rankings thread tomorrow.
Thanks! Godspeed to everyone who entered.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:20 pm Reply with quote

I have looked at the submissions:

Dark Pact
MCR 4 entry
written by xerecs

HMS Stingray
written by godmason

Yggdrasil
Gimmicky Pack Filler at its Worst
written by godmason

Pretty sure we're not going to have a sudden amazing submission in the next handful of hours, so I will declare a winner...

Xerecs with the Dark Pact!

I felt that this review was very comprehensive and covered everything very well. It went above and beyond with combos I hadn't thought of, and gave the ship the praise she deserved (but not more).

I would also like to commend godmason for being the first to submit two reviews for the same Miniature Review Contest. It will be interesting to see how hosts of future contests deal with that possibility.

This turnout was disappointing, and I might have extended the deadline more if everyone hadn't missed it the first time and if the island had been in play.

Next time use a calendar event/notification! Idea
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:39 pm Reply with quote

I just realized that the Yggdrasil doesn't fit the criteria for the contest (base move is L not S), so it's good I didn't pick that review!

Hopefully Xerecs will have a fun idea for MRC5, and that more people will remember the deadline. (or remind themselves digitally)
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:14 pm Reply with quote

I was mutually thinking about what to for for MRC5 last night. I'm figuring I may wait a little while before I post the next challenge.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:27 pm Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
I was mutually thinking about what to for for MRC5 last night. I'm figuring I may wait a little while before I post the next challenge.

I know you're busy this weekend and next week, but waiting in the past hasn't seemed to generate more interest thus far. For MRC4 I even extended the deadline by 10 days and still only had 2 people enter. Not to rush you but if you're sitting on the post for a while it would probably be better to just put it out there since time between contests hasn't helped the interest level, and you could still make it an effectively longer time period by making the deadline farther out (such as posting the contest 2 weeks earlier but having the deadline be 5-8 weeks out instead of 4, etc)
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:01 pm Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
I just realized that the Yggdrasil doesn't fit the criteria for the contest (base move is L not S), so it's good I didn't pick that review!

Hopefully Xerecs will have a fun idea for MRC5, and that more people will remember the deadline. (or remind themselves digitally)
Yup, I failed tor realize that myself. Sounds like mine weren't quite in the running, though, given the fact that I've managed multiple times recently to overlook that Flotilla towing rule. Maybe if I had remembered that, I might have been in contention. Oh well, maybe next time.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:13 pm Reply with quote

godmason wrote:
a7xfanben wrote:

Yup, I failed tor realize that myself. Sounds like mine weren't quite in the running, though, given the fact that I've managed multiple times recently to overlook that Flotilla towing rule. Maybe if I had remembered that, I might have been in contention. Oh well, maybe next time.

Yeah, definitely couldn't win a contest with a rules error... also sticking to the format (not that you always should no matter what) can help you bring more information to the table while also making it easier to read. I also go for quality over quantity with my reviews; I've only done 9 in 6 years but have put equally large efforts into all of them. Granted, yours were subpar 1 masters, but 1 great review is better than 2 average ones. I'm certainly looking forward to the next contest, though I might do a review in the meantime.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: