main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Anyone notice something strange about Windjammer?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject: Anyone notice something strange about Windjammer?   PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:56 am Reply with quote

The ship in question: Windjammer

Her ability makes her immune to something that wasn't printed until the next set. I know they were developing the expansion in tandem with the original set, but it's still strange. It's like a ship in SCS having a boarding roll bonus against sea monsters.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: Anyone notice something strange about Windjammer?   PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:03 am Reply with quote

godmason wrote:
The ship in question: Windjammer

Her ability makes her immune to something that wasn't printed until the next set. I know they were developing the expansion in tandem with the original set, but it's still strange. It's like a ship in SCS having a boarding roll bonus against sea monsters.

I do recall Woelf enjoying that ship as a sort of preview for CC. I didn't acquire the ship until after forts had been released, which is probably why I didn't talk about it in my Miniature Review of the Week. (shameless plug)

Imagine if Behemoth or Mist Walker were the SR's for SCS instead of DJC. Shocked Quite a shock that would have caused I think.
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:28 pm Reply with quote

Some early designs for SM had forts included in that set. They ended up getting bumped to later sets, but apparently they never bothered to change Windjammer's ability. It wasn't intentionally put out as a preview as far as I know, but that's sort of what it became in hindsight (or as a retcon).

I don't recall there ever being much discussion about it back in the early days. The actual ship was considered only mediocre even back then so it didn't draw much attention in general, and most people just ignored the "useless" ability.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote

woelf wrote:
Some early designs for SM had forts included in that set.

Wow that's interesting. I love hearing these little tidbits after such a long time. I wouldn't have minded if forts were in a few other sets.
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:47 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
woelf wrote:

Wow that's interesting. I love hearing these little tidbits after such a long time. I wouldn't have minded if forts were in a few other sets.
Agreed, I'm curious what a Viking/Cursed/JR fort would look like.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:54 am Reply with quote

godmason wrote:
a7xfanben wrote:
woelf wrote:

Agreed, I'm curious what a Viking/Cursed/JR fort would look like.

Heh, check out the Custom Ships thread and the organized version. Closest thing we'll have at this point. That said a JR fort probably makes the most historical sense for the minor factions.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: