bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
My YouTube channel
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: My YouTube channel   PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:55 pm Reply with quote

What better way to celebrate my 4,000th post on the forum than providing a link to my new YouTube channel?

My channel

I have lots of videos planned. The first video is more personal and gives you an idea of how all of this came to be. I'd like to do a faction for the Collection Review series about once a week, though that could definitely change. Check out the Question of the Day (QOTD) which will be in the description of each video! (I keep forgetting to ask it at the end of the videos lol)

I don't have a ton of packs I'd like to open (saving most of them for new players), so if you don't want packs for some reason I can open them for you on camera lol. Smile There probably won't be a ton of pack openings, but I have plenty of ideas for videos.

As for games, there's no reason not to upload games on the VASSAL module - even with no experience, it was easy to record the latest game of T2. I'll probably stream them live from now on, which will be fun heh. Physical games will be more difficult for a variety of reasons, with the biggest issues being the low-quality webcam and somewhat short (<1 hour) battery life of my digital camera. However, I'm not likely to play a lot of physical games in the short term anyway.

Feel free to give me feedback here, especially if you don't have a youtube/Google account! I am looking forward to improving over time, and as you might be able to tell from the pack openings, I have acquired a part for the tripod so now I can record with that. Also keep letting me know about ideas for videos! Subscribe for more! Very Happy

Last edited by a7xfanben on Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
crsluggo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:42 am Reply with quote

Very Cool! I'm enjoying your tutorial on the Vassal module. Extremely informative! Thank you for taking the time to upload these videos.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:38 pm Reply with quote

crsluggo wrote:
Very Cool! I'm enjoying your tutorial on the Vassal module. Extremely informative! Thank you for taking the time to upload these videos.

Thank you for taking the time to watch them! Very Happy I look forward to making more.
wantkrakens

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Dude this YouTube channel idea is awesome! We should get your channel to 1k subs.Lol. What did you think of POTC5
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:04 pm Reply with quote

wantkrakens wrote:
Dude this YouTube channel idea is awesome! We should get your channel to 1k subs.Lol. What did you think of POTC5

Thanks!

My thoughts on the movie are in the discussion thread; feel free to share your thoughts there as well.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: New content   PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:00 pm Reply with quote

Bunch of new videos up!

Why you should use VASSAL: Pros and Cons of the VASSAL module

Collection Review Episode 5: Spanish ships

Collection Review Episode 6: Spanish crew

Why you should use Miniature Trading (site features, benefits, and how to use it) (hopefully redundant if you have already signed up here haha)

Thanks for watching, and feel free to subscribe.

~~~~~~~~~~

Check out my fansite at Pirates with Ben!
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:11 am Reply with quote

Brand new video just recorded within the last hour!

Opening another pack of Pirates of the Revolution on the 4th of July!

I'm also going live with a stream of a VASSAL game with repkosai! (also July 4th themed!!)
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Commentary AND music!   PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:16 am Reply with quote

Alright, so my first game with just my commentary turned out good, so I'm less averse to it than I was just recently heh. Thanks to Vendari and Repkosai for bringing up the issues in the music-only BR style, and to those who took the video survey. I do think I like this combination of talking and music, as it lets me explain my fleet construction and in-game strategy while still allowing me to fill empty space with the thematic music that can help viewers get in a piratey mood. Smile
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:30 am Reply with quote

Will the ships FLOAT? Actually putting ships from Pirates CSG in the water

Also, a bunch of VASSAL games are up from the past couple weeks, including the first 4 player live game, which was also the first time Xerecs and I got to talk to each other personally!

(plus an OE pack opening heh)
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Youtube has revoked my ability to live stream for some reason. It may have been because they deemed the consistent streams of VASSAL games "repetitive" or "spammy" despite them all being different. Confused Rolling Eyes

I appealed the decision, but if nothing happens I have to wait 90 days or something to stream there again. Who knows, I might get hit with the penalty again if I don't change something... for now I'll be recording games instead of live streaming them.

I have started a Twitch account (nothing there yet) and have looked into streaming live on Facebook. I hope to use both of these platforms for streaming this month. Thanks again for watching; my latest videos include a game from VASSAL Tournament #2 and another PotC pack opening.
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:48 pm Reply with quote

Hmm... were you playing music audibly during a stream at all?
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:00 am Reply with quote

godmason wrote:
Hmm... were you playing music audibly during a stream at all?

Yes, but I've done that from the very first stream, so it seems like they would have hit me quicker on that. On a separate note, the recording of the Team Fleet Challenge game has been deleted because it had music from the latest PotC movie. (unrelated as it came after my streaming "rights" were revoked)
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:30 am Reply with quote

YouTube's copyright enforcement is really inconsistent, so I'm gonna guess they hit you for music usage, and only caught you with automatic algorithms after a few videos.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:51 pm Reply with quote

godmason wrote:
YouTube's copyright enforcement is really inconsistent, so I'm gonna guess they hit you for music usage, and only caught you with automatic algorithms after a few videos.

I really don't think so. The copyright violation for music was completely separate and AFTER the thing that got me banned from streaming. Here is their email - I think it was "too repetitive" with the content, or they think I'm spamming. (I have lots of links to other sites in the description but that is the case for all my other videos too, including non-streamed videos)

youtube wrote:
Hi a7xfanben,

As you may know, our Community Guidelines describe which content we allow – and don’t allow – on YouTube. Your video "VASSAL Tournament #2 continues!" was flagged for review. Upon review, we’ve determined that it violates our guidelines. We’ve removed it from YouTube and assigned a Community Guidelines strike, or temporary penalty, to your account.

Video content restrictions

It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted, or repetitive content to YouTube. If the main purpose of your content is to drive people off of YouTube and onto another site, it will likely violate our spam policies. In addition, misleading descriptions, tags, titles, or thumbnails designed to increase views are not allowed. Tags should only be placed in the appropriate tag section and not in the description. Learn more.

This was completely different than the copyright violation I got hit with for the Team FC video, which had music from Disney and was automatically taken down because Disney wanted it gone.

For anyone reading this, don't worry, I'll be making lots more videos and hopefully even streaming again soon via FB and Twitch.
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:40 pm Reply with quote

Wow, that's just silly. Funny how YouTube will take flag that as "repetitive" but won't do the same for accounts like Pewdiepie.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: