bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Storage Options
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
derfburger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Storage Options   PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:44 pm Reply with quote

Hi again everyone the resident new guy is back with amother question.

So I have no problem figuring out how to store my cards (deckplates, crew cards, etc.) And I have a small tackle box for my punched crew, gold, equipment, dice, etc.

However my assembled fleet (100 or more with 1/2 again as many on the way) is giving me more trouble. I like to store them upright rather than just thrown in a box. Currently I am using a plastic storage box you can get from Wal-Mart however, this container is way too deep and so it takes too much room.

Everything I find seems to be way too deep or too shallow for the bigger ships. I love to be organized. What suggestion or methods do you recommend?
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quote

I bought several ornament storage tubs from Target during the holidays, I don't think they're available outside that period. They're $8 and can be divided up into a bunch of smaller, shallow spots with the included dividers. Let me get a picture.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quote

I've seen some storage bins that are shallow and long, you could measure the height of your tallest ships and do some searches that way.

http://www.miniaturetrading.com/im/forum/viewtopic/t=8301///
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:55 pm Reply with quote

I currently use a smaller Trofast bin from Ikea to store my ships, but I'm not too careful about placing them upright...

I've got a smaller drawer unit for all my 'special' ships, such as Junks, Galleys, Sea Monsters/Creatures, Catamaran's and ships with moving parts.
crsluggo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:14 pm Reply with quote

I am currently using a Plano 3730 to hold my assembled ships in. It is tall enough for my 5-masters. I store my crew, UT's, and extra deckplates in a 450ct cardboard deckbox.
derfburger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:22 pm Reply with quote

crsluggo wrote:
I am currently using a Plano 3730 to hold my assembled ships in. It is tall enough for my 5-masters. I store my crew, UT's, and extra deckplates in a 450ct cardboard deckbox.

All of these are awesome ideas and thank you for sharing.

I think this might be exactly what I am looking for. crsluggo around how many ships do you get in one of the plano 3730s?

Thanks again everyone.
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:39 am Reply with quote

As promised, pictures of my storage solutions. These are the Sterilite ornament boxes I mentioned above. They are tall enough to fit a 5-master standing up. You can fit one or more factions per box, for the most part. They'll be easy to find in a couple months, but they'll disappear again after that.

xeriousone
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:21 am Reply with quote

I Originally started with a loose box, moved up to a fishing box (which I've since given to my wife) which held about 40 ships each:

I have since moved up to a BattleFoam P.A.C.K. 720 but there are several cases from Battle Foam just be sure to pick your foam inserts carefully with miniature height, width and depth in mind (I got 1 inch pluck foam and will be ordering some 2+ inch when I actually set it up).
crsluggo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:01 pm Reply with quote

derfburger wrote:

crsluggo around how many ships do you get in one of the plano 3730s?

Thanks again everyone.

I currently have 21 ships of various sizes in it. I still have more room to expand...
derfburger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:54 pm Reply with quote

I like the ornament box idea very much as well. I'll have to pick up a couple closer to Christmas. The Plano and the ornament boxes both look great.

For now I ended up getting the Plano Molding 1363 Stow N Go Toolbox, Graphite Gray and Sandstone (you can look it up on Amazon (won't let me post links guess I need more merit points)

Has 2 of the 3630 and the top section that will fit ships, plus the thinner 3650 that will hold gold, punched crew, etc.

Since I have 9 Spanish Main Pack, 1 Davy Jones (Broken Key) value box, 3 blue tins, and 1 OE Mega Pack on the way I might have to order another one LOL.

Side note: Speaking of merit points I got -6 today for something being deleted or some such. What is up with that? - never cursed or insulted anyone that I know of (if I did my apologies).
xeriousone
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote

derfburger wrote:
I like the ornament box idea very much as well. I'll have to pick up a couple closer to Christmas. The Plano and the ornament boxes both look great.

For now I ended up getting the Plano Molding 1363 Stow N Go Toolbox, Graphite Gray and Sandstone (you can look it up on Amazon (won't let me post links guess I need more merit points)

Has 2 of the 3630 and the top section that will fit ships, plus the thinner 3650 that will hold gold, punched crew, etc.

Since I have 9 Spanish Main Pack, 1 Davy Jones (Broken Key) value box, 3 blue tins, and 1 OE Mega Pack on the way I might have to order another one LOL.

Side note: Speaking of merit points I got -6 today for something being deleted or some such. What is up with that? - never cursed or insulted anyone that I know of (if I did my apologies).

The -6 for deleted posts can occur if someone reports a post so the admin can delete it (there is a yellow upside down sign with an exclamation near the top right corner of every post). You can also have a moderator decide a post is somehow inappropriate and delete it I think.
Forum Rules are fairly lax but sometimes you can post a word that offends someone and they can report you.
derfburger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:14 pm Reply with quote

xeriousone wrote:

The -6 for deleted posts can occur if someone reports a post so the admin can delete it (there is a yellow upside down sign with an exclamation near the top right corner of every post). You can also have a moderator decide a post is somehow inappropriate and delete it I think.
Forum Rules are fairly lax but sometimes you can post a word that offends someone and they can report you.

Yeah not sure what that would have been about. Be nice if you were notfied what triggered this as to avoid it in the future. Oh well not going to dwell on it.

Back on topic. Thanks again everyone for the storage suggestions/ideas. I will keep everyone posted if I have any new storage revelations.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:36 am Reply with quote

derfburger wrote:

No idea what that is about, and I didn't do anything. I've had things like that before, usually from cancelled 1-bomb votes on fleets that deserved them after all. I think there are some automatic deletion systems in place unfortunately.
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quote

derfburger wrote:
The system appears to deduct points automatically *any* time that a post or comment gets deleted, whether it was attached to something else that was deleted or even if you deleted it yourself.

Unless you were also given a warning of some sort to go along with it, it's relatively safe to assume that it wasn't because of something you did wrong. At least, nothing wrong enough to be concerned.
derfburger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote

woelf wrote:
The system appears to deduct points automatically *any* time that a post or comment gets deleted, whether it was attached to something else that was deleted or even if you deleted it yourself.

That would make sense and explain it. I did delete one of my own posts because it double posted for some reason. I was just a little concerned I upset someone somehow. Glad it was nothing.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: