Let us find for you the miniatures you need

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Tabletop Simulator?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
irishbandit89
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: Tabletop Simulator?   PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:42 am Reply with quote

Sorry if this is a repeat post, but does anyone know if there is a Tabletop simulator version of Pirates? I am more familiar with that than Vassal. I have yet to try out Vassal as well, however, I do intend to give it a go.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: WHOA   PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:23 am Reply with quote

irishbandit89 wrote:
Sorry if this is a repeat post, but does anyone know if there is a Tabletop simulator version of Pirates? I am more familiar with that than Vassal. I have yet to try out Vassal as well, however, I do intend to give it a go.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Apparently yes?

Wow. Thanks for posting this thread, because I had no idea. I've known about TTS for a while and have even looked up Pirates related stuff to do with it before, but apparently this was created late last year. I don't know what this means for virtual Pirates play going forward... though the screenshots look hex-based and have various things I don't recognize from Pirates CSG.

Full size pictures:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/872993216737020099/02D44C95F1073FE1D26B5F6E590C73525F86CDA0/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/872993216737021134/F32E1F832AEDA8ACF097F8AB68B1720168456FAC/

I also just found a version of the RPG, which Vendari and others would be far more interested in than me. Check out the comments on it... looks like Wizkids' lawyers came after them for it. Confused Rolling Eyes

Here is my original post I was going to submit before finding the above:
a7xfanben wrote:
Not unless someone has been deliberately keeping it a secret. I've thought about it before, but the sheer amount of time involved in making such a project is incredibly daunting....

It's one of those things that would be nice to have, but is made largely unnecessary due to VASSAL.

Found this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/tabletopsimulator/comments/2a2km2/pirates_of_the_spanish_main/
xerecs
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:30 am Reply with quote

Interesting. From some of the comments I read in the links, it seems that someone who liked the RPG on steam started to make their own TTS, based on that RPG attempt.

This person is the author of the TTS, and was super into the RPG before it got shut down. Is that person a member here or on the FB group?
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:40 am Reply with quote

xerecs wrote:
Interesting. From some of the comments I read in the links, it seems that someone who liked the RPG on steam started to make their own TTS, based on that RPG attempt.

This person is the author of the TTS, and was super into the RPG before it got shut down. Is that person a member here or on the FB group?

No idea; juggernaut hasn't been around in a while but the spelling is slightly different. I would post a comment on there but it seems I would need to spend $5 at Steam first. Rolling Eyes
irishbandit89
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:58 pm Reply with quote

If i get a chance sometime in the next week I'll download the TTS module, play around with it a bit, and get back to you guys.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:16 pm Reply with quote

irishbandit89 wrote:
If i get a chance sometime in the next week I'll download the TTS module, play around with it a bit, and get back to you guys.

Sounds great! I might buy TTS sometime but it's difficult to justify when VASSAL is free and works great.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: